2nd time mums with a huge gap

MrsCK

Reaction score
Hi

Anybody else got a huge gap between their children??

I'm 34 and my DH is 35, my DD is 18 now and will be going to university in September (I had my DD very young at aged 15), My husband does not have any biological children, so this will be his first and my second.

I got my BFP 2 days ago and although we had planned to have a baby it has now dawned on me that the last time I was pregnant was 19 years ago....scary!!!

Hi,
I have what I thought was a huge gap...my daughter will be 6 when baby is born. So not as big as your gap, but still sizable.
I'm a little worried about juggling the needs of both when they will be into very different things, and developmentally so different.

I have quite an age gao. my son will be 12 by time baby is born and it will be oh firwt biological child to. I'm 33, oh is 35. It is quite scary thinbut starting again but we bee trying for 2 yrs so really happy.

I will have a child starting high school and a newborn eeeek lol xx

I have 9 yrs between my elder three kids and my last , its a big gap and so im having a ladt baby for this one to grow up with.

Its nice as its like starting again and very exciting and no juggling school runs etc !!

This time my eldests are 14,12,11 and 2

Last edited:
my DH and I have been together for 11 years and married 1 year next month. We had always wanted children but kept putting it off for 'the right time'....well that right time has come 19 years after my first lol.

I am so excited though, it will obviously be completely different from having my DD, with the fact that i'm at a 'suitable age' and also that I am in a loving relationship and won't have the struggle of doing it all on my own.

Still in shock though!!!

I'm 25 (26 in September) and my mum had twins last February so they're now 15 months old :)
She was 16 when she had me and just turned 41 having the twins, a 24 and half year age gap! And come end June, she'll be a nana for the first time! :)
It sounds silly, but to me she is my mum, don't get me wrong! But she's my best friend to! We go out together, clothes shopping together etc! I've always said, she's more 'mumsy' with the twins if u get me?

Karlie xxx

I am 21 and my youngest sister is 10 months. She will be just turned 1 when this little one arrives. So my mum will have a 1 year old daughter and a grandson!

But like you she was very young when she had me, and is now in a new relationship.

I think its nice that my son and my sister will get to grow up together :)

Congrats btw!!!

I have a son 14 and daughter 15 and half and my third baby is due in August,so have 14 year age gap.Excited about doing it all again.I will be 40 in July, a month before buba is due

Im 23 (in a week) Im 1 of 7 children including my half brother and sisters.. (Dads had 3 women lol).

Ages are 32 with his 1st wife, 25, 23, 22, 20 with my mum, 10 and 3 with his current wife lol !! My sister who is 32 has 4 kids herself all older than my 10 and 3 yr old brother and sister!
So age doesnt really matter hun :)

xx

Last edited:
I've just had a little boy 2 weeks ago and I also have 3 older children 19, 17 and 12 so pretty big age gaps. It's like having my first again and I couldn't be happier. All my kids love there new baby brother and they are great for helping me out, fetching and carrying things to me lol. I'm yet to convince any of them to change his nappy though lol :lol:

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

My mum re married and had my brother when I was 15 so that's quite a gap but it was fine :) I moved out when he was 3 tho so wasn't around much, as your son probably won't be if he's going to uni. I have another brother who is 3 yes younger than me so we are very close, our younger brother is now 8 so it's a different relationship with him but it still works and its nice to have kids in the family still. my little boy is almost 5 so he aus worh my brother, and my nephew is 3 so they all play together x don't worry huni it's lovely you are doing it all over againxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back