Not connecting with 2nd pregnancy

Sal88

Reaction score
Hello

Wasn't sure where to post this...

As you can see by my ticker I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have a 6 month DD. DD was very planned, took 18 months and was our miracle baby. This pregnancy wasn't exactly unplanned but still came as a suprise- we'd said we would just see what happened, thinking because of problems I have and because it took so long with DD that I wouldn't fall pregnant for a few months. Well now I am and I'm starting to ask myself what the hell have we done?

We've told all of our families and of course their reactions have been 'well you're going to have your hands full' and a couple of people said ' was it an accident?'. I feel so akward about it all, with DD I was shouting it to the world but this time I feel embarrassed because of the age gap, there will be 13 (14 if im overdue) months beteen them.

I'm now struggling with housework because I'm so tired but I don't feel that I can ask anyone for help. OH is supportive but really doesn't understand how I feel and I'm not sure if he knows what to do. Ok if I'm honest I haven't shared exactly how I feel but I don't feel I can. I'm pregnant, I should just deal with it and get on. Part of me wishes I wasn't and then I feel so guilty. Why don't I feel excited about this baby? I so want to. I'm scared I'll never bond with it.

Help

xxx

:hug: theres a year and 17 days between mine and i ffelt exactly the same! ella was a suprise and i was so embarassed to tell people! i ended up only telling family and very close friends until i was 18weeks pregnant and had to go back to work after maternity leave!! even then i kept it quiet, and believe it or not i saw someone from work the other week that was like, eh, i didnt know you'd got 2 kids!!!!

i never felt excited to be pregnant, the only time i really felt that excited pregnant feeling was at my 20 week scan, apart from that, i just kinda got on with life and tried to forget about it, as horrible as that sounds!!

but believe me, it will all change when baby's here! having two so young is hard work, but you'll find you just cope! i can be tearing my hair out with my two, but then i look at them looking at eachother and your heart just melts and its all worth it :cloud9:

hey big hugs! other peoples reactions can really put u in a downer. i know exactly how u feel i got reactions like that even tho im with my daughters father and my girl is 4 years old! u keep ur chin up, the gap between them wont bother u at all when this baby arrives i think uv done it a good way as u dont have a big gap, ull not be startin out all over again! (if u know what i mean). my mother had me and my 2 sisters 10 and 11 months apart due to us all bein premature and she said its hard at the time but so worth it. have u had a scan yet? hopefully once u see ur baby on screen ull start to get excited. this pregnancy was planned but iv had a few problems gettin exited to, so we ended up payin for a 3d scan and that done the trick. ever since that scan i feel as if i know him and hes my baby now. as for the housework, just do the basics and talk to your partner. let him know how your feeling, he might already have a feeling theres something up with u but doesnt want to ask. sure ull bond with this baby just may need a little time as u know what hard work is to come xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back