2nd miscarriage in 3 months

Ashlea

Reaction score
This is my first time posting here so apologies but i dont know all the terms. Back in April i fell pregnant for the first time but i only made it to around 6 before i miscarried. I then managed to fall pregnant at the end of June but woke up today and it seems i have miscarried again :(

I keep telling myself that its just my bad luck but I'm also terrified is something more serious.

Has anyone had anything similar to this, just looking for some advice from people who have been through the same thing.

Im worried its a hormonal imbalance as i have always had issues with my hormones and i have read about stress having an impact on progesterone levels but i dot know if this is enough to keep causing miscarriage?

I really want to stay positive but I'm finding it hard not to stress :(

Ive had 3 MC in less than 9 months aswell...But when you get pregnant next you have a 99% chance of having a healthy pregnancy.
My GP said 2 MC in a row is pretty common and if you MC again then there might be a problem. Maybe see your GP and see what they say? They might refer you to the recurrent MC gyne.
Im sorry for your losses and that your going through this. Personally I found the first one the hardest because I saw the heartbeat and everything was so real.
Take care of yourself. x

Hello, I'm so sorry for your losses.

You are in the right place for support as everybody here is very kind and sympathetic.

I know you are looking for reassurance and want to hear from people who have had two miscarriages and have gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. I can't help you there but have suffered one miscarriage. Since having a miscarriage I have found that so many people have opened up to me and you'd be surprised how many people have two or three miscarriages and go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

One Consultant that I spoke to simply said a miscarriage means it hasn't been 'the right mix' and there's no reason why next time it won't go to plan. I know it's difficult to stay positive when you don't have a proper explanation for things, but I expect there will be more than a few ladies on here willing to share their experiences with you and I hope that will show you a different side of things.

Xxxxx

Also, I meant to say that the Consultant who said that wasn't talking about one miscarriage, she was talking about 2 or 3 miscarriages xxxx

Yeah elsa is right, thats basically what my RMC consultant said. She thinks for me its just been 'bad luck' which isnt the right mix of chroms. x

Last edited:
Thanks for your messages, its nice to be able to talk to people who know exactly what your going through, i find family and friends can only be supportive to a point and then im finding it hard to talk to them about it.

I think i just want to find ways of trying to relax and take my mind of things to see if it helps. Will see my GP in the meantime as well and see if they are willing to do any tests.

I have read a few things about people taking asprin but im not sure if might do more harm than good.

x

I found it exactly the same - unless people have been through they have a really hard time understanding the sense of loss. I think there's a lot in the fact that nothing can be investigated until you've had at least 3 miscarriages. As sad as it is, they are so common that for the most part they are not indicative of whether or not you will have a child in the future and so doctors are not overly concerned.

It's hard to take your mind off it because you want it so much. I have found that planning some trips and holidays has been a nice distraction xxxx

Hi

I had a mc at around six weeks, got pregnant again three months later and then discovered it was a mmc at 11w 4days. I was devastated. I had a period exactly four weeks after that and got pregnant the next cycle. My daughter is now a happy healthy two year old. We decided to try for a sibling for her and I them had another mc at six weeks in December 2015. I got pregnant again a couple of months later. I'm now 26w pregnant with a healthy baby girl. Mc is horrible, but sadly it happens in 1 in 3 pregnancies. There is hope after mc so good luck, I'm sure you'll have your rainbow baby soon xxxx

Hi Ashlea

I could have written your post word for word. I've just had my second miscarriage in 3 months and I'm totally heartbroken.

Just can't believe I'm here again. My first was a MMC which I found totally traumatising. This one happened naturally so no surgery needed, which is a relief. I was told it was more than likely just very bad luck that I've had 2 MC back to back (I have a 2 year old and had a very easy pregnancy with him). But I'm still going to see a private gynaecologist as I know NHS don't test until 3 MC which I think is ridiculous. If there is anything wrong I want to know before we try again.

When I started miscarrying this week i said i couldn't put myself through the pain and anxiety again but now it's happened I just want to be pregnant again.

I'm so sorry for your losses and for anyone who has been through this. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Hi Ashlea. I am currently going through the exact same worries as you. I have had two early miscarriages in two months (the first at 5+3 and the second at 6 weeks). The latest started with spotting yesterday, and has turned to full on blood and clots again today.

Everyone keeps telling me that it is just bad luck, and not indicative of anything, but I am terrified it means I'm never going to have a baby. Especially because in both cases it has happened so similarly (spotting turning into a heavy period). That doesn't seem to always be the case, and so I am worried there is a problem with my body accepting the babies. I don't understand why they don't seem to progress, and then seem to just disappear of their own accord.

I'm really thinking of you, and hoping you are doing better.

Last edited:
Hey,

I have one 3 yr old, and last year I had 3 mc this year I've decided to try again, once my injection runs out, I had recurrent mc tests and found I have something called factor v Leiden heterozygous a blood clotting disorder, all I will have to do is take aspirin and let my husband inject me daily with heparin, sounds bad but if it gets me a baby, then I'll put up with being a pin cushion. The condition I have effects 1 in 10 women. I am sorry your having to go thru this again, it truly is awful. Stay strong X

Hi really sorry to all the ladies who have had mc they are truly soul destroying and take time to recover from mentally. I had 2 mc back to back both before 12 weeks and at the time I was heartbroken and refused to believe it was just bad luck and convinced myself something was wrong. However I now have a 2 and a half year old and a 1 year old so guess the doctors were right. Please keep trying and keep looking forward. There is hope and take comfort in knowing you can fall pregnant and you will get your rainbow baby I'm sure

So sorry for your losses, Ashlea. I had one miscarriage and that was bad enough. Once you're a mother (and you were a mother to those two babies) the worry is always there. It's a sign that, when you do get your rainbow baby, as I am sure you will, you will be a great mummy.

I read somewhere reputable, that stress doesn't cause miscarriages. It was thought to, but they have researched and found that not to be the case. Don't blame yourself. It's nothing you're doing unless you're a crackhead, chain smoking alcoholic! You did nothing. Miscarriages sometimes just happen and you haven't done anything to cause them. It's usually a genetic issue which is under no one's control.

You have an excellent chance of continuing on to have a healthy pregnancy. Always remember that. I forgot that and struggled through the beginning of my pregnancy.

And, should you have another miscarriage (God forbid), you can be tested and they will support you through any future issues that you have. Obviously hoping that doesn't have to happen for you, but if anything can comfort you at that point, at least you know you can get to the bottom of it all. Sometimes having a reason really helps you get your mind around the next steps, I think.

Also, please get in touch with The Miscarriage Association. They are fantastic and have volunteers who will chat and text you and they have fantastic leaflets to support you. http://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/
I had one miscarriage, as I say, and they were so great in helping me through the next year or so.

It's really common for people to have more than one miscarriage to go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Always remember this...

Take time to rest and do what you need to do. Remember you're bereaved and going through something horrible. If you need time off work, take it. You're entitled and be honest with employers. They cannot help if they don't know what you're going through.

I hope you start to feel a little better and that you get the help you need.

Good luck and try to stay positive as much as is possible. It will help.
Xxxx

I am sorry for your losses. I would recommend you see your doc to dig deeper and consider additional testing as eg karyotype, that can help identify chromosomal abnormalities, that might be the reason of early pregnancy loss. If abnormalities are the reason, you might consider doing PGS NGS (360) to have a higher chance of a healthy pregnancy. All the best xx

Last edited:
Hi
I had a number of miscarriages between both my kids, all were missed miscarriages. I had every test going practically and nothing was found. My son was born without incident in late 2014.
Sometimes there is no reason. Never give up. Xx

So sorry for your losses. I'm going through the same. I've had four miscarriages since February. The first one I was 14 weeks pregnant and the latest I just found out yesterday and am still waiting to bleed. I was tested and diagnosed with Antiphospholipid Syndrome. It's apparently a common cause of recurrent miscarriage, may be worth asking for a test xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back