Paranoid about Miscarriage

Ebony_Mommy

Reaction score
This is my 1st pregnancy but I want this baby so bad I think I will not have it. So my questions are:

Can you have a miscarrige without bleeeding?

To those who have had miscarriages, what happened before you miscarried?

Also has anyone in early 20's miscarried with their first child?

Hiya

I know it's easy for me to say - But please try not to worry about miscarrying your baby - I know its only natural to worry that something will go wrong in your pregnancy - But more women have healthy pregnancies than unhealthy. I am sure your pregnancy is progressing as it should.

You can have a miscarriage without bleeding - They are called "Missed Miscarriages" or sometimes they are referred to as a Blighted Ovum. This type of miscarriage usually causes a slight, dark-brown blood loss and the sudden end of normal pregnancy symptoms. - But more commonly pain and bleeding are experienced. Please do not worry that this has happened to you, often, as in my case, even though you have no alarming signs, you just "know" the pregnancy has ended. I'm sure your baby is just fine!

I am reluctant to go into details of my history because I don't want to scare you unnecessarily, but even though Yes it is possible to have a miscarriage in your twenties, first pregnancy and without bleeding etc...It is highly unlikely that this is happening to you.

happy20920mnths.jpg

I've just noticed that you are appraoching 12 weeks - have you not had your dating scan appointment through yet?

Hopefully when you have your first scan you will be reassured that all is well and start to relax a little!

goodluck1.gif

I know it's hard to do but you have to learn to relax you have to think positive :D

I'll tell you what happened to me, but I don't want to upset anyone or worry anyone. This is my experience of a miscarriage and I :pray: it's the only experience I have.

I had a missed miscarriage in October last year.
I was fine until week 9 when I had a little bit of brown blood, most people will say this is old blood and nothing to worry about so I tried not to.
I continued to get a tiny bit of brown blood everytime I wiped after going to the toilet and I started to worry so I rang my doctors.
Complete waste of time, he FORGOT to ring me back.
I managed to speak to someone who told me to contact the Early Pregnancy Unit at my local hospital but they had closed for the day so I rang next morning and the could fit me in.
To cut a long story short, the baby looked to be about 6weeks but I know my dates. And they couldn't detect a heartbeat but sometimes you can't at 6weeks.
I just knew in my heart that it had died but was refusing to leave me.
I had to wait a further 2 weeks and the brown blood got a little heavier but it was still brown.
Then 2 weeks later it was still showing as 6 weeks.
So they confirmed my miscarriage.
I then started to get a little red blood but still not a lot.
I waited a further 2 weeks to see what happens but still not much.
I ended up going into hospital for medical management - which basically means I was given tablets internally and orally to force myself to have contractions to expell the baby. Some serious AF pains going on...
I was allowed home that night but had to wait another 2 weeks for the bleeding to die down and my last scan showed that the baby had been expelled and I was back to normal.
The next step would have been surgery, which I was worried about.

At the time it was heartbreaking but when I think of it now it just wasn't meant to be. I am doing ok, I am currently 8.4wks PG after 5 months of trying again so I am scared to death that something will go wrong but the other ladies on this forum have given me a lot of support and I know where to turn if the worst happens.

I have booked myself a private scan at a local clinic next friday (only £85) and I get 4 pictures and a DVD of the scan.
Which will give me some piece of mind when I see the little heartbeat on screen, but you are always going to worry, it's what a mother/mother to be does! :pray:

I'm enjoying this pregnancy and I intend to enjoy it for another 7months :D I've already had words with this LO. :wink:

I hope my message doesn't upset anyone or worry anyone that is the last thing I want to do and I'm sorry it's so long. I just wanted to explain what happened to me in case it helps anyone in the future. You just need to relax and try not to do too much and try not to worry. That's the advice that was given to me by the ladies on this forum and the last few weeks have flown by.

I hope everything works out for you. And for everyone else that has miscarried/is trying to concieve.

All the best with your Pregnancy I'm sure everything will be ok!

When I was 8 weeks I had a really really tiny amount of brown clots (that has been the only time)... i had an emergency scan 2 days after and everything was alright. I saw the heart beat and everything. But I'm nearly 12 weeks now and I dont even feel pregnant. I feel empty. I got my 14 week scan in 2 weeks and I'm so nervous.

Hiya

If you have seen a heartbeat on your scan at 8 weeks - The chances of miscarriage now are under 5%.

I didn't really feel pregnant until I was almost half way through my pregnancy. I was never sure if I was actually feeling nauseus or imagining it because it was so mild. I think my first real "symptom" was my bump! - And I didn't even get one of those until I was about 24wks!

Everything will be fine - Lotsa
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif
for your scan in two weeks!

If you had a scan and everything was alright at 8 weeks then I'm sure everything is fine now.

As Rachael says when you see a heartbeat the chances of a miscarriage are really tiny.

You may just be one of the "lucky" ones that doesn't get any symptoms.

Good luck with your next scan and try to relax :D

You think after 12 weeks you'll stop worrying, believe me it doesn't get any better and i didn't relax till bubs was born x

Please try and not worry, it sounds like all is fine
I have hardly any symptoms either, just tiredness, and I feel blessed but also it does worry me a bit
I am sure all is well, and once you see the LO on a scan, you will feel far more positive

Chin up chicky xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back