2nd M/c is 4 months for me!

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I hope you are all feeling OK today?

Over the weekend I had my 2nd M/c in 4 months and I just feel so pooh.

Physically this M/s was 'text book'. I was very early gestation (5w 3d) so technically it was just a late, heavy period. Emotionally of course it is a lot harder.

I feel mainly stupid for being so sad.... Especially when other people deal with so much worse.

My 1st M/c back in May began in early gestation too (5w 5d) but took three weeks to actually occur.

Seems like I can get pregnant but can't stay pregnant?

In May I had several trips to EPU, lots of internal scans etc. This time round I have had no medical assistance at all, as it happened quickly and over thw weekend. What do I need to do now in terms of Dr's? I guess in the next few days I need to go to EPU to make sure it wa a complete M/c. I am 99% sure it was.

I feel like an idiot - I did have a BFP result so I wasn't imagining it - but I should have been more cautious.

Do M/c this early even get classed as M/c's?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

So so sorry to hear of ur loss :hugs:U have every right to still be sad as u planned fo this baby and lved it so much in the short space of time they were there. There was nothing u could have done to prevent it happening so don't beat urself up about bd'ing more cautious :hugs:

I'm sure ur mc with still count as a loss but u might need to get it wrote down in ur medical notes for them count it if that makes sense? The docs will need to know because if it was to happen again (I really hope that it doesn't though) then 3 mc's is when they start doing tests etc to see why it is happening. xxx

So so sorry to hear of ur loss :hugs:U have every right to still be sad as u planned fo this baby and lved it so much in the short space of time they were there. There was nothing u could have done to prevent it happening so don't beat urself up about bd'ing more cautious :hugs:

I'm sure ur mc with still count as a loss but u might need to get it wrote down in ur medical notes for them count it if that makes sense? The docs will need to know because if it was to happen again (I really hope that it doesn't though) then 3 mc's is when they start doing tests etc to see why it is happening. xxx

I am very keen to get this on my medical notes as I am aware after 3 consecutive M/c's I can have tests.

I have a Dr's appointment on 3rd Oct, I wonder of that will be sufficient? Or will I need to go to EPU?

I am just so pissed off though - I know 1 M/c is common but two is worrying?

Also that fact that it was so early may go against me?

xxxxxxxxx

I wouldnt have thought because it was early it would go against u. The 3rd oct might be a bit late could u not try and get an earlier emergency appt? Get them to take ur bloods because u should have elevated levels of hcg still. Or phone the epu and say u think u have mc'ed and see if they will scan u and do bloods.

Nurse26 who is now in tri 2 had 2 mc's and now pregnant on her 3 go. And MrsMc in tri 2 had 3 mc's before this pregnancy and had problems with her pregestrones levels. So I know it seems worrying now but it can happen after 2 mc's or it can usually be easily fixed. I think even having 2 in a row must be quite common or they would look into doing tests then rather than after 3. Sounds horrible though really that we could be left to suffer so much xxxxx

Last edited:
I wouldnt have thought because it was early it would go against u. The 3rd oct might be a bit late could u not try and get an earlier emergency appt? Get them to take ur bloods because u should have elevated levels of hcg still. Or phone the epu and say u think u have mc'ed and see if they will scan u and do bloods.

Nurse26 who is now in tri 2 had 2 mc's and now pregnant on her 3 go. And MrsMc in tri 2 had 3 mc's before this pregnancy and had problems with her pregestrones levels. So I know it seems worrying now but it can happen after 2 mc's or it can usually be easily fixed. I think even having 2 in a row must be quite common or they would look into doing tests then rather than after 3. Sounds horrible though really that we could be left to suffer so much xxxxx

Thanks hun!

I'll ring my Dr's and see what they say.

xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for your loss hun, no matter how far you were it still hurts just as much xx

Sorry for your loss hun, no matter how far you were it still hurts just as much xx

Thank you....

I do feel a bit pathetic when I know other people have suffered such awful losses.

However this was M/C number 2 for us so it's all getting a little scary...

I am still seeking medical advice (I will either see my GP or go to EPU for internal) as I want this on my medical records..

I am just in the process of "getting on with things" and trying not to cry every ten minutes.

xxxxxxxxxx

losing my baby was the hardest thng ever and it wouldnt have mattered whether i lost it at any point. I found out at 4 weeks i was pregnant and if i had lost the baby a week later it would have broken my heart just as badly as it did at 12 weeks.

Dont feel pathetic at all lovely, you have still lost a child no matter what way you see it xxx

I hope you can get some answers from GP/EPU, are you trying again soon?

losing my baby was the hardest thng ever and it wouldnt have mattered whether i lost it at any point. I found out at 4 weeks i was pregnant and if i had lost the baby a week later it would have broken my heart just as badly as it did at 12 weeks.

Dont feel pathetic at all lovely, you have still lost a child no matter what way you see it xxx

I hope you can get some answers from GP/EPU, are you trying again soon?

It's such a shitty thing isn't it? I just feel so Grrrr about it at the moment.

In some ways and early M/C is "easier" - I didn't need any medical intervention this time, it happened at home in my own surroundings and physically it was bearable. If M/C had to occur then this one was 'text book' but on the other hand an early M/C is rubbish - I know some people will just see it as a late period. EPU didn't seem at all bothered when I rang last week re: Spotting. They told me it was too early in gestation to scan so I just had to wait.

I called my GP today to ask them what they recommend I do and the receptionist didn't have a clue? I have to call tomorrow and see if they can fit me in for a blood test to check my HCG levels - I had to tell them this is what I required for my medical file as they didn't know what to suggest and I want it noted that this is M/c number 2.

Sorry - I am ranting now - please forgive me :shock:

We will try again as soon as we can, this is what we both desparately want.

The only other positive I can take from my experience is that during pregnancy number one I gave up smoking (after 15 years as a smoker) and have not missed cig's for a second.

I am sorry to hear that so many other women seem to be suffering the pain of M/C's. It is nice to know I am not alone but I'd of course prefer everyine to be having safe and happy pregnancies.

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well I hope they still note this as a MC and you get the help you deserve. There is no easy way to MC, I am finally at the end of mine got a BFN the other day so as soon as i get my period i think i will get back on it. I felt very differently soon after I MC but things chnage. MAybe we will get to tri 1 together lol.

Dont ever feel like you're ranting lol thats what we are here for i have had my moments!

Last edited:
Well I hope they still note this as a MC and you get the help you deserve. There is no easy way to MC, I am finally at the end of mine got a BFN the other day so as soon as i get my period i think i will get back on it. I felt very differently soon after I MC but things chnage. MAybe we will get to tri 2 together lol.

Dont ever feel like you're ranting lol thats what we are here for i have had my moments!

Oh bless you my dear.

Getting to Tri 2 would be amazing, but for the moment I am focusing on keeping healthy and getting my body back to normal.

I will indeed make sure I get this on my medical files, just in case.

Fingers crossed I'll be able to get pregnant again and that it will be viable third time round..

I have read your other posts Lynette and I think you have been incredibly brave, as have all of the women on here.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger and all that hey?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oops i did mean tri 1 but hey tri 2 sounds even better. You are very brave too hunny we all are. Such sad circumstances to meet such amazing women :-(

This has chnaged me so much, silly little things just dont matter anymore. A horrible reality check

Have just finally found a kind of answer - I have had a chemical pregnancy.

It all kind of makes sense now.

I see that CP and M/C kind of get used as interchangeable terms but I think I feel more comfortable with Chemical Pregnancy.

The good news is that it seems to be very common, and rarely requires medical intervention.

I will speak to EPU just to make sure.

xxxxx

hopefully there is something they may be able to do to help xx

hopefully there is something they may be able to do to help xx

I just didn't feel comfortable saying M/c as I only knew for a few days, whereas people like yourself had known for many, many weeks.

I know a loss is a loss and I am thankful that you think that way too but I do not class what happened to me as being the same?

As hard as it is I probably got off lightly compared to some people? :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

still whichever way you look at it you have a right to be bummed out hunny. xxx

So sorry for you- I dread seeing the posts around MC's on here , I had one at 11 plus weeks and totally understand how you feel, and agree with Lynette, and loss is hard hun so don't feel bad at all.

Agree also with Kanga that you have every reason to be positive still , you will get your baby hun

Hope you can get a DR appointment sooner , so you get it on the records for your count of 2 MC.

Let us know how you get on

Hey hun, hope u managed to get hold of ur doc or the epu yesterday. :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back