2nd M/c is 4 months for me!

Hi ladies,

I'll be going to EPU tomorrow (had to book some time off work) but from what I have read I will be classed as a chemical pregnancy as opposed to actual M/C.

Regardless of what goes on my notes, as I have already had a M/C, any future pregnancies will be scanned at 7 weeks.

I feel slightly more positive today.

Last M/C was a very long and drawn out process but chemical pregnancies tend to "end" in pretty much a normal period and my cycle will settle down a lot quicker than it did last time etc...

So I am hopeful of falling pregnant again - maybe even this year? I will be patient though. I will wait however long it takes for my baby :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

good i am glad you will get the help you wanted, i am terrified about when my baby comes i know i will just spend every second willing it to stick all the way.

I am hoping to maybe conceive before xmas, originaly didnt want to until my due date was up but i feel different now. xxxx

good i am glad you will get the help you wanted, i am terrified about when my baby comes i know i will just spend every second willing it to stick all the way.

I am hoping to maybe conceive before xmas, originaly didnt want to until my due date was up but i feel different now. xxxx

My first due date was 4th Jan (I have one friend due on 28th Dec, another on 31st Dec - they both found out just before I did)

My 2nd Due date would have been May 2012.

I couldn't wait until next year to start trying (and I am not getting any younger)

After M/c #1 we both agreed to try after I got my first period, which we did and concieved quite quickly.

As I say I am hopeful and cannot wait to get pregnant again.

I will however hold off taking a test for a good few weeks if I suspect I am :shock:

I am not trying to replace what I lost, but each loss has made us both more determined to have a sticky baby !!

I want to look at the 'trying' stage as positive and dare I say - fun? :)

I want to be excited about my future not sad about my past

xxxxxxxxxx

thats a good outlook on things hun

My first due date was 4th Jan

My due date was the 8th Jan, so quite close to urs. I found out about my mmc at 11 weeks, bean had stopped growing and around 5 and a half weeks. Since then my mc hasn't been straight forward, i mc'ed naturally and after 9 weeks of bleeding i finally had a erpc on the 26th aug. my first af started on friday, so fx i will catch quite quickly as i dont want to wait any longer to get back to normal.

Glad to hear the epu are going to see u and put it in ur notes, a chemical pregnancy is still a loss, but as u said more straightforward. hope ur cycle gets back to normal quite quickly for u.

I also agree that the trying part should be fun, i think i need to try and relax about it and just have fun with it and see how it goes :) xx

My first due date was 4th Jan

My due date was the 8th Jan, so quite close to urs. I found out about my mmc at 11 weeks, bean had stopped growing and around 5 and a half weeks. Since then my mc hasn't been straight forward, i mc'ed naturally and after 9 weeks of bleeding i finally had a erpc on the 26th aug. my first af started on friday, so fx i will catch quite quickly as i dont want to wait any longer to get back to normal.

Glad to hear the epu are going to see u and put it in ur notes, a chemical pregnancy is still a loss, but as u said more straightforward. hope ur cycle gets back to normal quite quickly for u.

I also agree that the trying part should be fun, i think i need to try and relax about it and just have fun with it and see how it goes :) xx

With my 1st M/C I had spotting very early (5 weeks) and was seen at EPU several times as it was a threatend M/C. By aprox 8 weeks I had a natural M/C but I too bled for a long time afterwards, despite being scanned and given the all clear (so thankfully didn't have the trauma of an erpc or any further medical intervention) . All in all I was bleeding for the best part of 3 months!!

I only had one proper period before my recent CP, so at least we know we can actually get pregnant. Staying pregnant seems to be the issue though :shock:

I am looking forward to trying though, we've never actually been officially "trying" before so this new chapter will be exciting for us :)

Christmas will be a little difficult as two friends will be giving birth around then and that makes it impossible for me to ignore the fact it would have been the time my baby would have been due. There will be no getting away from the fact so I'll deal with it head on... However by then maybe I'll be pregnant again (God willing!)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
i had spotting throughout from 5 weeks right up until i mc'ed at 12 weeks, the epu wouldn't do anything to help me after 2 scans, even though none of the dates added up. So if i count the from when i was 5 weeks to when i stopped bleeding completely it was about 20 weeks of spooting/bleeding :shock: wow first time i've worked that one out!!

I saw the doctor after i got my bfp and he told me not to worry about spotting unless it was red or got heavier with cramps which it never did and the mw referred me to the epu at 11 weeks, she wasnt very happy with the doctor!!

We were ntnp when i got pregnant earlier this year and that was on our 2nd cycle, so i wasnt really thinking about it and thought i had missed bd'ing around ov. Goes to show the relaxed approach works! So fx we will catch this cycle or next, as this would be cycle 2 as we started trying straight after my bleeding stopped after the op. I used digi opk's that said i ov'ed but didnt work out this time!!

January is going to be a hard time, so I really hope to be pregnant again my then to soften the blow of it slightly, i will never forget but it might make it easier to deal with if i was pregnant again by then.

wow sorry for the ramble!! :) xx

Last edited:
i had spotting throughout from 5 weeks right up until i mc'ed at 12 weeks, the epu wouldn't do anything to help me after 2 scans, even though none of the dates added up. So if i count the from when i was 5 weeks to when i stopped bleeding completely it was about 20 weeks of spooting/bleeding :shock: wow first time i've worked that one out!!

I saw the doctor after i got my bfp and he told me not to worry about spotting unless it was red or got heavier with cramps which it never did and the mw referred me to the epu at 11 weeks, she wasnt very happy with the doctor!!

We were ntnp when i got pregnant earlier this year and that was on our 2nd cycle, so i wasnt really thinking about it and thought i had missed bd'ing around ov. Goes to show the relaxed approach works! So fx we will catch this cycle or next, as this would be cycle 2 as we started trying straight after my bleeding stopped after the op. I used digi opk's that said i ov'ed but didnt work out this time!!

January is going to be a hard time, so I really hope to be pregnant again my then to soften the blow of it slightly, i will never forget but it might make it easier to deal with if i was pregnant again by then.

wow sorry for the ramble!! :) xx

20 weeks, blimey hun - that was all a bit epic hey?

It just goes to show how tough our bodies are though....

I think we'll try the natural way without too much emphasis on my cycle (although of course I'll be checking my most fertile dates etc) and see how that goes.

I'll be 32 next year so I don't want to wait... Although of course I will not take for granted that I will fall pregnant again so easily.

It's crazy to think that this time last year I was on the pill, not even thinking about getting pregnant... How things change hey?

xxxxxxxxxx

yep things definitely change, usually out of nowhere. I wasn't really thinking of ttc last year and now its all i want, cant think or concentrate on anything else!! Just hope that I don't get any problems ttc, because there is always going to be that worry in the back of my mind now. U must be feeling the same, im not sure how i would cope if it happened again but the prize u will eventually get greatly outweighs anything else and the heartache. xx

yep things definitely change, usually out of nowhere. I wasn't really thinking of ttc last year and now its all i want, cant think or concentrate on anything else!! Just hope that I don't get any problems ttc, because there is always going to be that worry in the back of my mind now. U must be feeling the same, im not sure how i would cope if it happened again but the prize u will eventually get greatly outweighs anything else and the heartache. xx

I did a lot of reading yesterday about the difference between chemical pregnancies and M/C and I feel a lot more positive today.

Although techincally a very early M/C, chemical pregnancies are incredibly common and women can have them at any time in their life - they do not have the same effects on the body as a 'later' M/C has. They also do not point to anything serious (multiple M/C's on the other hand can be caused by an underlying problem)

I will be bricking it if I do manage to get pregnant again though.

This time round I am going to take a pre-conception suppliment, if I do suspect pregnancy I am going to hold off taking a test - just incase I have another CP. I also will not be telling a soul - other than my OH of course.

I will be scanned at 7 weeks anyway.

I am not going to "plan" too much. It will happen when it happens. I am just going to try to keep my body and mind healthy!

I am pretty sure with your history you can be scanned early too, to help put your mind at rest!

xxxxxxxx

i wasnt particularly ''trying'' as such, we had discussed kids and after a year we kinda just let it be.....as soon as i forgot about it i caught on, and now i am like kanga....this is all i want

i wasnt particularly ''trying'' as such, we had discussed kids and after a year we kinda just let it be.....as soon as i forgot about it i caught on, and now i am like kanga....this is all i want

Me too hun.

First pregnancy was a result of rather haphazard condom use but my God we were both over the moon when I got that BFP.

Since then it's been unsaid that getting pregnant is the aim... I think we both were a little scared to actively admit we were trying second time around but we were.

Now I'll sing it from the rooftops - we will be TTC as soon as possible.

I don't want to lose all perspective though. If it takes a while then we will deal with that..

I am excited about this part - but I'll be scared witless if I get that 3rd BFP :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Sorry for your loss, what is a chemical pregnancy? xxx

Chemical pregnancy is a very early M/C.

It's when you have a positive pregnancy test but then go on to have a period (usually a heavier, more painful period)

CP normally occur within a week or so of you taking a test and are classed as such as you have not had you BFP verified by a Dr or anyone else medical.

There is some info here (if you are interested) http://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/chemicalpreg.htm

Last edited:
Morning ladies,

Well the EPU was a waste of time...

I was adivsed that I could wait - possibly all day - and may be seen BUT was in no way a priority.

I was told to take test next weekend (2 weeks after CP occured) and if I get a negative then basically all is fine.

WTF??

The lady was very nice to me, she did spend a bit of time going through things with me (date of period, bleeding, symptoms etc) She was satisfied it was CP.

I feel a bit annoyed - my GP brushed me off when I called on Monday to make an appointment so I decided to cut out the middle man and now the EPU couldn't help?

I realise that I am probably lucky not needing any medical intervention BUT this probably wont go down in my file now.

Hope you lot are all OK today?

Lynette - how are you feleing about work tomorrow?

xxxxxxxxxxx

hello :) bit nervous still but fingers crossed it will be fine. Went out for a lovely walk with Oh's mum and dogs today which was suprising as she is usually crazy and slags me off all the time, but she was quite supportive and sorry about the MC.

Sounds awful what you're going through hun, you have a right to investigate this. I felt like my MC wasnt a priority when i called ambulance and they said ''oh right just a miscarriage in the first trimester, we will be about 30 mins '' then a paramedic called me back and i described loss of blood, dizzyness and immense pain and they came straight away. Then same as you was told go home, take a test if its a BFN all ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back