2nd hand clothes off ebay

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
What do you all think to buying clothes off ebay for babies? I have never done it before and have accepted the odd bundle of clothes for stephen and chucked them so i could buy him new ones.
But with this baby I had loads of gorgeous second hand next and baby gap stuff given to me and it all washed and ironed gorgeous.I was really pleased.
And i have seen this amazing 77 peice bundle on ebay now going quite cheap for next,geogetc bits and wondered what your opinon was on 2nd hand bits?

Plus om thinking with my current skint situation and the fact babys grow out of their clothes so damn fast as well!

Hey,

I think its down to personal choice really. As long as you wash them yourself and you know that they are clean, I can't see it being a problem.

Me personally, I want everything new, but thats probably becasue this is my first baby. But I have been bought lots of new things by my mom and sister, so havn't had to pay for all his clothes myself. Good job really as I totted up his clothes and he has got nearly £300 worth so far!! :shock:

But there's nothing wrong with quality second hand clothes, and you can save heaps of money - which you can spend on other things!

But it all depends on how you feel. If you're worried and are not going to be happy dressing your baby in second hand, then wait till the next sale is on in July sometime - you will get sme fab bargains!!
:hug:

Piglet xx

mrs_tommo22 said:
What do you all think to buying clothes off ebay for babies? I have never done it before and have accepted the odd bundle of clothes for stephen and chucked them so i could buy him new ones.
But with this baby I had loads of gorgeous second hand next and baby gap stuff given to me and it all washed and ironed gorgeous.I was really pleased.
And i have seen this amazing 77 peice bundle on ebay now going quite cheap for next,geogetc bits and wondered what your opinon was on 2nd hand bits?

Plus om thinking with my current skint situation and the fact babys grow out of their clothes so damn fast as well!

theres nothing wrong with second hand. New born stuff is hardly worn so its bound to be in good condition. Im all for recycling.
just give it a wash hang it in the sun to dry and hey presto!!!

its absolutely stupid spending a lot of money on baby clothes. they are barely in them five minutes and you find lots of people buy stuff for you anyway

a fool and his money are soon parted - thats what i say!!!

Thats my theory too budge, I bought stephen everything new and spent a fortune on stuff he wore for 5 mins and puked on.
But im happy to have 2nd hand stuff this time around as long as its good qualtiy and looks nice.
I wouldnt put a baby in stuff that has stains and that on and is falling to bits.
But like i said if i order some next stuff and its as nice as the stuff i was given and washes well then il be a very happy mum.I love a bargain.

ive been buying from charity shops and shops like woolies etc so yea second hand is ok as babys wont be in them for long.If u trust people from ebay then go ahead and do it but my partner wont let me do it case he dont trust them.

I think its mad to get everything new as they arnt in them for long. My sister has given me a few newborn things and bought an addorable hat form a charity shop for 50 p :D

pigletpoo said:
Hey,
Me personally, I want everything new, but thats probably becasue this is my first baby.
Piglet xx

That soo true. I was the same with my first but by the time they are 1 you have had a reality check with how much a baby costs. :lol:

For my second baby I was a lot more accepting of 2nd hand clothes.

I also got some really nice stuff for Jess off ebay, things that I wouldnt have seen otherwise.

I'd agree, but then I am mad! :shock:

I think its personal choice, like I said. Theres nothing wrong with buying new if you dont mind the fact you are spending a fortune on stuff thats going to be too small before you know it and covered in puke.

And there is certainly nothing wrong with buying second hand either.

Next sale starts July 21st - :cheer: I've seen lots of cute sleepsuits there but am too stingey to pay full price for them! :rotfl:

Everthing in my house gets recycled - including clothes!! And I sell and buy loads of stuff on ebay too! so some ebayers are great :wink:

Piglet xx

Your the same as me pigletpoo when i had my first - you cant help it with your first, you do want all new thing and everythingf immaculate and gorgeous.Gee does that change when you think you have to do that for two of them!

Ive made a lot of money off ebay and got a few bargains too.
Im selling my slings just now but I havent put them on yet, they are coories. One for me and a toy one for Jessica.

With my first i was 20 single mom and very much alone so everything was 2nd 3rd and 50th hand!
This time round i'm married and better off financially and able to buy "nicer" things so we have bought alot of new things but then it is DH's first baby so i wouldn't want to stop him buying anything he wants for his first but i have bought quite a few baby bundles off of ebay for bargain prices, (just dont tell hubby :fib: )

My DH is thrilled im buying bundles off ebay, he said its better for our situation and better then spending hundreds of pounds on new things that will only get spewed on!His words lol :rotfl:

I got my bundle anyways, eneded up 27 quid but for 77 items whos guna complaink, will let you know what ots like when i recieve it.

My mom has bought some bargains from charity shops and ebay, and I got one of our playmats on ebay, and our highchair and bath seat from freecycle. I think as long as things are in good condition then why not. I buy my own clothes from ebay a lot of the time, so why not :)

I think as long as there good nick too no problem and i alwasy request they come from a smoke free home.Though a lot of sellers put this anyways.
And its cheaper then buying them new!

I think there are some great bargains out there so why not? Baby clothes (esp. newborn stuff) has hardly been worn and if you wash it yourself then I don't see a problem.

I was offered a lot of stuff from a distant relative which I turned down. They ended up just giving it to my mum instead and I'm so pleased they did. Most of the stuff was Gap or Next and like brand new. :dance:

:hug:

I cant wait till i get mine, so many branded names in it, and i adore next baby clothes!so cant wait to get my hands on them and wash them and iron them and get 'my' smell on them!(bold lavendar and conditioner to match) :rotfl:

I've bought several baby bundles from ebay and have been really pleased with all of them. Newborn things tend to stay in good condition because they're hardly used and you can pick up some great bargains second hand :wink: This is my first baby so I have went a bit crazy and bought loads of brand new things but have also bought quite a lot of second hand stuff from ebay too. Its like others have said, personal choice :hug:
Hope your baby bundle is gorgeous :hug:

go for it! I wouldn't hesitate to buy 2nd hand either. Especially baby clothes they are not in for 5 minutes. I remember giving all Lily's stuff away and nearly crying because they were like brand new she had hardly worn them she grew so quick. When I think of all the money I spent. Baby won't hold it against you ha ha :wink: I actually bought a 2nd hand pram last time it was a mamas & papas 3 combination one and was only used for 4 months because the previous owner found a buggy easier to put in her car - it was like brand new. I was glad I did it too because when Lily was 6 months old we went on holiday abroad and I had to buy a buggy to take on the plane - I never used that pram again from that day. Paid £100 for it when to buy new it was over £300.

Stuff i have bought brand new is bedding, blankets,a few clothes,travel system as i got it for a great price, erm....and bottles too, sterilizer was given to me all boxed and brand new as my SIL got two delieved to her when she ordered one!so i have got it :D
Moses basket though and that were all second hand and beautiful, and next clothes given to me were all second hand and gorgwous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back