28wk Appointment... Referred to Physio

KellyHook

Reaction score
Well just got back from midwife,

I have been referred to the physio due to my bad pain in my hips and back! Has anyone been before, what do they do??

So everything is fine, BP is 122/76 I presume that's fine! Bump has gone from 24.5cm at 25weeks to 27cm at 28weeks..
Heartbeat seemed low at 122BPM but it must be fine otherwise MW would of said! Bloods taken and I've got to go back for another Appointment in 2 weeks, and thinking about it I only made it to my 30/31 MW app in my last pregnancy so hopefully I make it further :) x

Last edited:
Hey! Glad your appointment went well... I got referred to a physio with the same thing. It's horrible isn't it. Basically I went along and she asked me questions, had me on the bed an examined me and said it was spd. She just showed me on like a model thing what was happening inside to cause the pain, then she gave me a leaflet with tips to help, like how to get out of the car etc and she then passed me onto the antinatal day unit who fitted me for a thing called a fem brace. It meant to take some of the weight of your bump and support the area. To be honest it was good at first but doesn't really help me now! The nurse said it's different for everyone though, some it helps and others it doesn't. Hopefully if u get one it will be just what u need.

Xxx

I am not sure, maybe they will give you one of them bands to go across your bump? I am going to ask for one of them tomorrow when i see my consultant. They will probably just give you tips on helping ease the pain maybe? xxx

Oh hun! Well the physio must be a good idea or she wouldn't have suggested it, when is it? What does it consist of?
I still think little man will be early! Take it easy & rest up if you can x

Yeah don't worry hun, I got referred by MW at 26 weeks I think, MW said it's SPD (although it has a new name now, but it's the same thing), and when I went Physio she was lovely, just went through some forms, asked loads of questions, suggested I buy a stability ball and use it in different ways for the pain, she also gave me a support belt that sits under my bump, as I told her that when I walk for ages, it feels like his head is gonna fall out, and a big bandage type thing, that covers the whole of my bump, which I wear at work, it does feel a whole lot better supported whilst wearing it :)
She also said whilst they can help the pain, they can't make it go away, but it should vanish completely within 2 weeks of the birth, so fingers crossed hey.
xx

My midwife referred me last wednesday for my spd. Got my first appointment on thursday. I hope she doesnt do what my gp did to diagnose me as it really hurt.

Kirsty did you go to the hospital or did you see physio at your doc? I might get the same lady if you went hospital! :)

When you say they examine you, What do they do?

;en, what's your prediction again?

I've been for the same problems! When she examined me, I had to take my trousers off and she looked at the alignment of my back, used her fingers to push certain points of my lower back, and told me to walk a few steps to see how I walked. She pointed out that I stand with my knees locked and said that I need to loosen my knees up.

She then got me to lay on the bed whilst she looked at my hips and how I was lying. She gave me some exercises to do (one is like a rocking motion with my pelvis) told me to sit with my feet on the floor and not tucked up underneath me (which I always do!) and gave me a back support which sits under my bump for when I'm going to be walking/standing for long periods of time. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back