Midwife Appointment & Physio (Updated)

DebbieM

Reaction score
I had a MW appointment this morning and she called for my 28 week blood results while I was there and they were all fine - phew!

She dipped my wee and I have a small trace of protein so they have sent it off for cultures but she said she doesn't expect anything from it.

Baby is in the same position as last week, FREE, but doesn't feel like it to me LOL. HB was fine - fast though but she said it was perfect.

There was a student with her who was dipping the wee and doing BP and OMG, she must have been very new as the urine had to be dipped a second time by the MW and it took her 4 attempts to do my BP LOL. I was very patient though and polite to her. Bless her. :D

Seeing her again in 2 weeks. Told her about the pain in my hip and told her I think it is muscular to which she agreed after I said it only happened after I had physio. She then laughed when I said I have my follow up appointment this afternoon at 3pm and that she isn't getting her hands on me.

I am dreading it! I ended up in more pain after my last session and it's stuck with me so god knows what will happen today! :roll:

glad all went well hun ! i got physio / osteo this afternoon too and im slightly scared also as i have got worse occasionally after seeing him lmao

u see her in 2 weeks , mines not till 3 ! but then i also see consultant and have a scan all within 4 days which is mad !

Glad midwife went well - just explain to pysio how you felt after and she will probably approach the problem differently

Glad your appointment went well debs! :hug: Funnily enough someone told me today in town that they suffered immense hip pain in pregnancy and went to two acupuncture sessions in the second tri and she never felt any pain again. Hmm.. :think: though I don't know anything about the safety of that sort of thing tbh!

Update: Physio was ok. Told her about all my pains and said that heat pads were my new best friends now and she laughed.

Told her I can't get along with the support belt so she told me to not bother using it and I now have a very sexy full body tubi-grip to wear.

Attractive LOL :rotfl:

DebbieM said:
Update: Physio was ok. Told her about all my pains and said that heat pads were my new best friends now and she laughed.

Told her I can't get along with the support belt so she told me to not bother using it and I now have a very sexy full body tubi-grip to wear.

Attractive LOL :rotfl:

Oh i am so glad you have said about the support belt, i cant wear it at all, it seems to give me more grief than not wearing it. So i have been wearing the tubi grip thing instead and i must say although i take it off in the evening cus it feels tighter, it does help me a bit.

Oh, the enormous tubi-grips! They're brilliant, mine has saved my life - but know what you mean about them being oh-so-attractive. I was dancing around the bedroom wearing nothing but that and a pair of socks the other day, singing "look at me, I'm so sexy" :rotfl: Poor DH... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back