Seen Physio today for SPD>>

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello!

well today I had my appointment to see the physio for my SPD pain.

When I arrived I was asked if I was there for the back class!!! Aparently I was not being reviewed by the physio but attending an educational class on how to manage with back pain in Pregnancy!! only - I was the only one there so it was a 1 - 1 teaching session.

I was not assessed to see if I did have SPD just talked to :shock: . I was told how to get in and out of cars and how to move around in bed.... fat lot of good this is when I am now at term and have had the pain since 28 weeks and have had to figure out all this stuff by myself!

To be fair the physio lady was lovely and was in complete shock as to why I hadn't been refered to earlier. She offered me crutches and a support belt but I said no as I had been "managing" all this time without them I felt it was kind of pointless!! Now that I have been "seen" in the department I have an open appointment to go back if birth doesn't get rid of the pain.. so thats something!

What a farce!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

These stories just get worse Lyns!! Im suprised it hasnt put you off pregnancy for life!

Sorry you didnt get referred, like you say though its a bit late now for a back class :roll:

Just think hun, really soon this will ALL be over :hug:

For crying out Lyndsay, what was the blooming point of sending you to that?

As Jade says it'll all be over soon (hopefully) :pray:

I can't believe how they are treating you Lyndsey!
Blimey - you'll be glad when your little one is here.
Another hospital for the next one I think!
Lx

yeah I want to go to the Portland!! lol

You know its funny but today made me laugh! I guess I now expect things to be crap and when they are it makes me laugh!!

Seeing consultant tomorow!!!! WOnder whats in store for me there!!!!

Ooh, I'd love to go to the Portland.
They have double beds and serve you champagne when your baby's born!

LucyBee said:
Ooh, I'd love to go to the Portland.
They have double beds and serve you champagne when your baby's born!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

NO way! I wish I was a millionaire.....

Lyndsey said:
Hello!

well today I had my appointment to see the physio for my SPD pain.

When I arrived I was asked if I was there for the back class!!! Aparently I was not being reviewed by the physio but attending an educational class on how to manage with back pain in Pregnancy!! only - I was the only one there so it was a 1 - 1 teaching session.

I was not assessed to see if I did have SPD just talked to :shock: . I was told how to get in and out of cars and how to move around in bed.... fat lot of good this is when I am now at term and have had the pain since 28 weeks and have had to figure out all this stuff by myself!

To be fair the physio lady was lovely and was in complete shock as to why I hadn't been refered to earlier. She offered me crutches and a support belt but I said no as I had been "managing" all this time without them I felt it was kind of pointless!! Now that I have been "seen" in the department I have an open appointment to go back if birth doesn't get rid of the pain.. so thats something!

What a farce!

if i was you id put a complaint in to the maternity services dept....

you should have had an urgent referral as soon as you started getting the pain, i went on the monday to hospital and had my first appointment with the physio within a week :shock:

your really not having any luck :( :hug: suppose its north staffs though its crap! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back