28 week midwife appointment - Antenatal classes?

Bee7

Reaction score
So i had my 28 week midwife appointment today and for the first time antenatal classes were mentioned/offered to me. I didn't realise that you could start attending from 20 weeks and am a bit miffed that it wasn't mentioned sooner (being a first timer i wasn't sure when you were meant to start going to these and i thought they would bring it up when i was further along). Anyway, has anyone else attended any and found them useful? Is it something OH could benefit from too or am i better going alone? They do different sessions...some focusing on labour/pain relief, others more on general 'baby care' so maybe some would be more appropriate than others. Kind of nervous about going as i don't know what to expect.

On a side note...baby is measuring normal although a little bigger than the average eeek! And his foot is currently poking my ribs...i knew this already from the strange sensations i'd felt there...not so much kicking, more like swirling and wriggling. V odd xxx

ive got 2 antenatal classes booked, baby care on the 6th of feb and labour and pain relief on the 26th of feb. these are the only ones on offer in my area and i cant afford nct ones. ive said to my OH its up to him if he wants to come with but i dont think he will need to or will learn much from them since he dosent have to go thru the actual labour and he already knows baby care lol. i think its up to you both wether you want him there really

Hey hun, I only started going to mine when I was 35 weeks, I should have gone earlier but due to xmas they cancel them as people don't bother turning up apparantly. So that may be why they didn't mention it to you earlier? Maybe?

Anyhow, I have my last class this monday which would be the 4th one and I would highly reccommend them. So far we have done about pain relief, labour, a hospital tour and the next class will be the aftercare xx

hey bump buddie! im going to babu one on my own and me & oh going to labour one, they are during work so thats why he is not coming to both. Not booked till 2 & 7th of march thou! hoping they will be helpful and not scary! :) xx

I've got two booked in March one for breastfeeding and one for Labour. They were only mentioned to me at 28 weeks.

I would definatley bring your OH if you can. My hubby learnt loads from ours and felt much more prepared afterwards but I already knew most of it from books and internet.

I'm going at the end of feb and start of march, its evening couples classes and OH is coming to! xx

I took my OH with me to mine and he found them very useful :) xx

I didn't know you could do them from 20 weeks! So that's news to me too!

I always thought it was from 30+ weeks?
I began mine at 30 weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27