25 week appointment

barbi3

Reaction score
hi ladies,
i went for my 25 week checkup today and i am really cheesed off atm :( ! first of all felt like my appointment was rushed (i was in there for 5 min tops and included in the time for me to do a sample of urine in surgery !) basically she never measured my stomach,put the doppler on for 20 seconds and i asked if she would feel babys position which she bluntly replyed i cant! to top it off in my notes i had to point out to her that it said there was blood in my urine at 16 wk app which i never got told until i looked at my notes before i left home, she asked me to do a sample as i had"nt brought one and she told me i have protein in my wee and she is sending it off for further diagnosis im so peed off atm!i thought she would at least measured my bump or let me hear my babys heartbeat a little longer has anyone else experienced this or do you know if protein in wee is bad? my b/p was ok :)

sorry to hear of your bad appointment sweetie, your within your rights to say you want them to slow down and explain things better.
protien usually means infection possibly due to uti. antibiotics with help xx

thanks for reply. think im overreacting a little bit (hormones) but i felt proper rushed and i only wanted to know what position baby is in bcoz im havin a 3d scan on saturday and hoped babys face was,nt facing my spine :D

I know how you feel, my 25 week appointment last week seemed rush although she did measure my bump but all she said was it was fine. I also had a trace of protein in my urine sample and she just said they would check it again at my 28 week appointment. I realised after I left that she hadn't said anything to me about getting my Maternity form for work so I've arranged to see my doctor tomorrow to get this sorted as my work need it. x

they dont normally start measuring and feeling the baby until your nearly 30 weeks as baby still has loads of room to move x

Yes that's right, I didnt get measured until 30 weeks, and my mw doesn't feel baby's position until week 36 as routine as there's really no point as baby changes position all the time. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back