Bad stitch like pain in left hand side and protein in urine

Donna79x

Reaction score
hello ladies,

wonder if any of you can help me..

since 5 am yesterday mornin I have had a stitch like pain in my left side and rang midwife for advice yesterday and she asked me to go to the clinic to be checked. babys h/b was fine and is now moving around today, blood pressure is fine... however they found protein in my urine sample and have sent it off.

I am now worried that its something serious like preclampsia.

anyone else had this pain??

xxxx

Hi,

I have had the excat same thing. I have been getting a stitch like pain and one night it was so sore and tight it woke me up! :wall: Then they found portein in the urine. The urine sent away by the midwife didnt show anything so she thought it must be a minor urine infection which I have antibiotics for. I was worried it was a kidney infection but she felt my side and back and it was fine. When she put pressure just below my belly it was tender so it must be a urine infection!!
Make sure you get the results soon, I have been worrying but they dont seem concerned and say it is so so common in pregnancy.

Hope you feel better soon.

that sounds like the pain i get in my kidney when i have an infection hun, get to your mw/doctor straight away for anti-bi's. the pain only gets worse and it's a nasty, horrible pain :( :hug:

they should be able to give you anti-bi's before they get the results back, just incase, they aren't harmful to baby :hug:

I have recently had that - the diagnosis is Kidney infection/water infection - still waiting to hear if I need antibiotics but you need to let your MW/docs know. They might need to monitor it

I think this is very common in pregnancy - I was adviced to drink plenty of water... :hug:

My wife has certainly had the stitch pains in her side - sometimes felt like 'tearing pains' - and also had some traces of protein in urine - and all has been indicated as fine - the pains were supposed to be due to expansion and softening of ligaments.

Hope all is ok

Jimmer

I had stitch like pains that my midwife said was ligaments stretching like Jimmer's DW. I think she said that ligaments are far less stretchy than muscles and so you often get a bit of pain with it.

Hope everything turns out ok :D

I had protein plus 1 in urine but the consultant said that as long as blood pressure didn't go up it was just to be monitored. hope u r ok :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back