1st consultant appointment tomorrow

xkikix

Reaction score
I've been refferred to a consultant due to a previous C-section. My appointment is tomorrow.

What do they do? I'm to take my notes and a urine sample.

I'm not sure what they do mrs, but just wanted to say good luck!

dont worry its really just to discuss the birth this time round ,take your notes and a sample and you will be fine ,in my experience its a lot of waiting around for 5 mins with the doc !!!!

I think it's just so you and they are more prepared this time. I had to have one too as I had an awkward birth last time. Like Sara said, it's just waiting around to see a higher paid doctor!

when I seen him at 20 weeks when pregnant with alastair he just looked at my previous notes from sophie and decided the best way for me to deliver, very relaxed and he was a lovely doc,. U most likely will see MW b4 who will check urine and BP and doc will also write in ur notes. Good luck hun dont worry :hug:

In my last pregnancy I was under a consultant for all of my appointments, but this was due to having twins and only having 1 kidney as well.
However, it was pretty much the same as a midwife appointment in that my bp was checked, and urine was checked, usually by the midwife who was assisting the consultant. He was really nice, and despite not getting to know a midwife, it was good to know I was in expert hands the whole time.
This time I'm under shared care, so I see a combination of midwives (different ones everytime though at the hospital), and a consultant occasionally. However, I don't feel like I'm seeing them enough!
You'll be fine! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back