25 week appointment

mum&2girls

Reaction score
just got back from my 25 wek appointment all is well,they let me listen to the babys heartbeat she was laid just above my tummy button next appointment is 3 weeks time for blood tests and antid injection not looking forward to that though

glad it all went well and sure the anti d will be fine :hug:

Vicky_Gazerimmer said:
whats the anti d injection?

Ant D is a blood injection, given to mum's who's blood is type negative. When they take your blood samples at booking in one of the things they check is blood type - I am O Neg so I need Anti D at 28 & 34 weeks, then after labour - excited rach is Rhesus Negative too.

:cheer: glad everything is going well rach.
Dont worry about the anti-d, i had mine on monday and it didnt hurt one little bit (i got it in my botty!) although it did take a minute or so for her to put in, (she said it would be really sore if she injected it all at once) but other than that it was painless, i'd say getting blood taken was more painful, you'll be fine hun :hug: .

Good news that you are ticking along nicely!!! :cheer:

I am A rhesus positive so does that mean I dont have to have it? I hope so I dont like injections :pray:

Vicky_Gazerimmer said:
I am A rhesus positive so does that mean I dont have to have it? I hope so I dont like injections :pray:
yeah vicky your safe its only for those awkward people who are O rh- :lol:

little*red said:
[quote="Vicky_Gazerimmer":1au1zs9x]I am A rhesus positive so does that mean I dont have to have it? I hope so I dont like injections :pray:
yeah vicky your safe its only for those awkward people who are O rh- :lol:[/quote:1au1zs9x]

Its for all rh- not just O. I have to have it to and i am A rh- , but with all the injections and blood samples i have to have its not such a scary thought for me.

Hi

Im sure your injection will be fine :) myfriend is the same blood type as you as well its rare but i hear more and more people who have it
Katrina

Glad your appt went well, and that you got to hear baby's heartbeat. Im sure the injections will be fine. My mum is R negative too. Im still waiting to see what i am, will find out tues when i see my midwife.

...and antid injection not looking forward to that though

Rach, don't worry. Its a tiny little sting in your bum. I had my first one a while ago and I thought the anti-d injection would be a lot worse. Afterwards I said to the nurse 'is that it?'. I also have to have another one at the end of January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back