21day bloods

KMG

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a question about 21 day bloods and need some help!

I am having 21 day bloods done which is good but here comes the problem I ov today therefore my 21 day bloods should be taken next Monday - great bank holiday so cannot book any where. I would just have it done the next day but bank holiday day number two!

My question is it ok to have the bloods done two days late or should I wait until next month when can be done on the correct day???

I am trying to stay chilled this month and this is not helping as I am now in a panic! :wall2:

Thanks

xx

I don't think it should make too much difference. I had them done a day late and docs said it didn't matter. They might always do them again for u next month too, if you ask? Just to make sure? Hope all goes well x

Im not sure hun, but i m sure someone will b along to help you soon. I can only tell you that when i had mine done last dec i didnt use opk and didnt have a clue when i ov'd and just went a long on day 21 and they said yup you have ov'd all is fine!!

Michelle. x

I would go for the following wednesday. I've had this dilema before too! Unless ur charting or being scanned u can't confim ov day so I think its eassier to be a little conservative. Tell the nurse to make a note that it isn't the exact day so u can go again next cycle too.

The consultant told me a day or too late won't make a diff, the surge of hormones should still be picked up. You havent really got anything to lose getting it done, might as well.

If it doesn't show you may not have OV, or might have been too late and you can just do it again next cycle. If it does show up then result :eek:)

Thank you for your responses

Well I think I just want to have them done but I also want to get it right!

I am taking temperatures so should be able to pinpoint I also get ov pain and its killing me tonight to I reackon I can be sure today and therefore should be having bloods next Monday!

I hope Wednesday is ok!???

xx

I was told that it has to be done on the exact day otherwise the results are invalid.

The doctors don't take into consideration how many days out it might be, they have a set results reference based on what it should be 7 days after ovulation and they will compare your results to that.

So, for example, if you have a problem that low progesterone would reveal, by having the result done later than 7 dpo it might be artificially high because the progesterone levels have had longer to develop. The doctors won't take that into consideration and it will be noted as a normal result.

If your progesterone is too high, similarly it can appear normal if you took the test too early.

Furthermore, cd 21 bloods don't just confirm if someone ovulated or not.

Progesterone levels reveal much more than that. They indicate insuline resistance, adrenal gland issues, reproductive ageing, presence of cancers, PCOS, estrogen dominance, etc.

All of which can impact fertility just as much as not releasing and egg xx

Last edited:
I've had them done early and late and they've looked at them with that information. One of them was 4dpo as I have quite unclear ov signs and they were fine with that. That's 3 days out

Hiya KMG, mines was 1 day out cos of the weekend and the doc was fine with this. If the doc is happy so am I! I'm having it done again this month, I asked my GP if I could just to check everything is still okay (cos it's been ages since I first had it done). She was a bit miffed at me asking but I told her it's more for my peace of mind. I think she sensed my frustration at the lack of anything happening and reluctantly agreed! Think my result was 50 something last time and I was told that was normal. Hoping it will be the same this month. Good luck for Weds, let us know the results xxx

Thanks again for the responses!

I am a little confused now to be honest! I think i remember my doctor saying that it was important for the test to be done on the right day so I guess I better ring him and see what he says.

I am a little worried that my results might be distorted! :wall2:

I will let you know what he says!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111