***2016 babies***

Yes Roseim losing weight quickly too! , struggling now with my right Brest only , think it's the latch cos my nipple is ruined , expressed some off it earlier cos it's getting swollen again . But I keep thinking how much easier it would be , but not on the cost or prep x

Ah we are all having a tough time at night!

I tend to have him sleep on my front and as soon as he twitches I whisk him off for a feed, it means I'm up a lot but theres less tears and less of a battle to get him to latch on which I think preserves my sanity! The nappies are a struggle though! It seems to be 2 per feed I find that more tiring and there's often tears. Apparently nothing wrong with this many nappies and he's gone from 7.14 to 7.7 and straight back up to 8.4 in 8 days!

Has anyone got any idea of their weight loss? I think I've lost 2 stone 2lb already, just hope weight loss doesn't slow down yet !

That's an impressive weight gain for your LO Mel!

I don't know how much mine weighs now - will find on Tuesday, she will be 14 days then. Better have gained a lot for all the trouble I'm going to ;)

We are bed sharing and that keeps me sane after a crazy start with no sleep at all when I was trying to fetch her from the side cot whenever she squealed. I know it's not for everyone and I wasn't doing it with DD1 thinking it a terrible idea. As it stands with us now - it's really working (hubby relegated to our spare room). The other thing I swear by is white noise - I have an iPhone app left over from DD1 and it's brill for getting DD2 to sleep, too. We just managed a great post lunch nap for the first time (a good 2 hours).

I lost a stone so far - I'm very lucky in that I didnt gain all that much extra weight so I have just over half a stone to go until I'm back at my normal weight.

2 stone for me, after giving birth I'd lost 17lbs then in the two weeks since I've lost another 11lbs! Quickest ive ever lost any weight! I only put on a total of 2 stone 10lbs so only 10lbs to go before back at starting point. But at that point I need to work on the two stone overweight I was from having my daughter x

Looks like we are all struggling with sleep now, we seem to be passing on each other's problems lol. I'm currently lying listening to Ruby snoring away and Hubby heavy breathing. I'm tempted to go downstairs! I've lost the stone and a half I put on but I did that with dd1 then gradually put a bit of weight on after stopping feeding and carrying on eating biscuits lol.

We've had a nightmare here too last few days. Got a burst pipe in our integrated fridge freezer which was leaking out harmful gas and we had all slept in it!!! Hubby was on way out to work when Electrolux guy was here so had to call on my neighbour to help us get it out the house. The girls are fine thank god but what a worry, and now no fridge freezer til insurance pays out :( thank god I'm not expressing anymore or couldn't store it!!

Thank you so much, just lovely to read I'm not the only one! Had better night tonight she slept 4.5 hour block which was amazing and then up each hour but the last hour when she is noisiest I went on air bed in her nursery! Hate being away from her but figured it's only the last few hours in early morning and she is still in our room with oh so she is safe and I feel loads better. I tried co sleeping but I can never sleep, plus we have a collie who sleeps in our room And I worry about her jumping on our bed!

Sounds like we are all having problems but doing what we can, all doing fantastic :)

Weight wise- lo gained over a pound in a week!!! Little chunk! And I put on 2 stone and 1 pound in pregnancy and so far lost 1 stone 3 pounds. When I got pregnant I was lowest weight I had ever been so feeling quite happy at moment. Fit into pre pregnancy jeans already, just tops I need new ones cause boobs are so big! (Another breastfeeding benefit). I'm sure I remember reading last time you save over £100 a month by breastfeeding! That kept me going sometimes last time ;) xxx

Great weight losses all around! :thumbup:

£100 per month is loads! I desperately need a few more BF tops - does anyone have any recommendations on where to look please? Mine are all very old bought 4 years ago

I just wore normal tops with a vest underneath Atlantis so you can just lift straps down and top up so your well covered. Cheaper than maternity tops too.

First venture out myself with both girls to a party this morning! Safe to say I'm knackered lol. Dd1 is great but she's such a wee whirl wind!

I don't know if these tops are too cheap for your liking but they have been great for me I have 2 in black. Don't know how the sizing works in probably an 8 ( maybe 10 at the moment) and they are a good loose fit. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oyedens-Pre...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

the only downside is if its not sitting right there is potential for a gap to form in the middle and show some skin,just remember to make sure the top fabric is far enough down and you'll be fine!!

I'm down 2 stone 2lbs I think. Weight loss has maybe slowed down though :( or maybe my eating is just out of control?

I really like Seraphine tops and they last really well but are expensive. Check out Vertbaudet online which has good tops and always has some sort of discount on, especially for new customers. ASOS also has a lot of options x

Thanks girls - why didn't I think of Amazon Mel? Thanks :) Yes Rose my 2 old Seraphine tops already lasted 3 pregnancies now - my first, then I lent them to a friend who had 2 kids since - now I've got them back for the fourth spell and they are still soft like new! Great value at £35 each! But I fancy another colour now. Will check your suggestions too X

Health visitor came this morning and my little boy has put on 11oz this week (exclusively breast feeding) so he has flown back past his birth weight of 10lbs 1 to 10lbs 4oz. She was very impressed and I feel much better about all the hard work I've been putting in now!

I'm actually going to order myself some more feeding tops today too, Seraphine have a few in their sale worth looking at x

Fab weight gain Rose! I can't wait to see what T now weighs - will know tomorrow. She poops for Britain so I'm hoping for a good gain. Honestly it's non stop pooping here. Probably at least 10 dirty nappies a day, we are exhausted - and we are using cloth!!!

Thanks for the tip re Seraphine sale - will look now! X

Oh god your brave Atlantis!! My friend is using them too and is quite liking them.

Excellent weight gain rose! Last check, R was 8lbs 12 so 6 oz over birthweight at 3 weeks. Was quite chuffed with myself too lol.

Hubby is on to day shifts tomorrow so first proper full days by myself with the 2 girls. Tried to make lots of 'easy' plans to keep 2 year old entertained cos that's half the battle!

I know what you mean Atlantis - I feel like all I do is change poopy nappies! What with my daughter as well! I am not enjoying the challenge of changing a boy multiple times a day either, he pees on me at least twice a day!

Jen I'm in the same boat this week, had both of them on my own all day today and got them both tomorrow until 8pm so I've got to try to do bath and bedtime alone too - I think it will be a disaster. I was in tears at 6pm tonight just because I was so tired and fed up of hearing them cry because I couldn't do what they both wanted at the same time x

It must be so tough with a baby and a 2 year old. Hugs girls. DD is 4 and at least I can trust her to leave her in a room with the baby for a bit.

Yes we've been using cloth since our first daughter. Saved a lot of money! But it's messy and smelly at times. By the time DD1 was 2y 4m and showed some signs of being ready to potty train, I more than had enough of the daily stinky bucket of nappies so we put her in knickers at her insistence... Too early as it turned out. Had 1.5 years of to-ing and fro-ing in and out of (disposable) nappies and worst of all, getting annoyed at her at not "getting it". Feel very bad about that now :( This also knocked her confidence and possibly delayed her being dry in the daytime - which I think we just about cracked now at 4y 3m. So yes, hmmm, impatience to get rid of cloth backfired. Hope not to make the same mistake again. Good news this week is that DD1 was dry in the night twice now so obviously some night time progress is being made. We are using disposables at night though! So not full cloth dedication here :oops:

I'm also impressed Atlantis, I just folded all our clean washing and put it away and I think adding nappies to it would be the last straw! :)

I've had 2.5 year old and baby for few days now and actually found it easier than when oh was around! Feel like getting back into a routine and both the 2.5 year old and I get very grumpy and moody unless we are busy! She is at nursery today 9-3 and I'm already bored! How come when you have just the one this stage seemed hard?! I suppose my older one never napped in Moses basket and always on me which was hard but lily is great and sleeps most of day at moment so I can just sleep and watch films! (And a little housework thrown in for good measure!)

In regards to tops I did same as t84 and will again this time and wear string tops cheap from primark under normal tops. I find nursing ones are all maternity ones too and seem massive and shapeless. Plus I am bit of a stinge with money- all my maternity clothes were second hand. Xx

Bubbles I say the same thing - how did I think a newborn was so hard at the time. She's a walk in the park compared to a toddler! Lol. It's all relative I suppose. Well we are at 2 o clock and both girls are settled (albeit, one on me!) so it's nice to chill and catch a breath before round 2! Even managed a washing - go me haha!

That's interesting to know Atlantis! A lot of dd1's friends are starting to potty train and I feel the pressure but she only literally turned 2 a couple of weeks ago! I don't feel like she's ready at all yet, and I don't want to rush her. 2 in nappies is hard going tho. Remembering who needs changed when.

Yeah Jen potty training has so far been the MOST frustrating aspect of bringing up a child! You can't help but compare - X and Y are doing it, they are dry, why isnt my child?! I've read countless blogs, tried reward charts, stickers, chocolate, ignoring it, praising it, telling her off for it, you name it, even the doctors to rule out a UTI... Nope. Just not ready, that's the answer. However smart and advanced they might be at other things, potty training is just something else. So don't sweat it, go with the flow, certainly don't get into a virtual race with other parents - your LO will crack it in due course and, I think, faster without any pressure from us :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back