***2016 babies***

T84

Reaction score
Lots of new babies now and it's nice to keep the chat going by moving over here :) it's great for help and support. Hope everyone is well.

Ruby is now 2 weeks already and still in her chilled newborn phase - I'm well aware it's not for much longer lol. We are all settling in and my lg who's 2 just turned last week is beginning to settle into life with a new sister too (after a very hairy start!) Hubby is back to work tonight on night shifts so feeling very nervous about first night on my own :(

I'm really similar - baby is 8 days old today and his sister is 15 months and now really excited to see him when she wakes up despite hating him at first! My partner has a job interview on Wednesday that will last all day and potentially go in to a second day and I'll have both children on my own so that's going to be a big challenge but I suppose I have to do it sooner or later so better get used to it! X

Oh god Rose you've got your hands full too! We will get there tho. My biggest stress of today was not leaving them in the room alone together in case S was at baby. Makes it hard to get anything done! How are you getting on in general? x

Hi girls , hope your partners job interview goes well Rose .. All being well I'm going home tomorrow , will have 1 day with OH and daughter then I'm on my own for a week , OH is seeing his children and my big girl is going to her daddies .. I like the idea of it just being me and baby to settle in together ... Xx

Generally we are getting on well now, the first few days were tough getting breast feeding established as he lost weight but it's all going well now and we are slowly getting into a routine. My OH has taken on a lot of the things that I used to do so he gets our daughter up in the morning and gives her breakfast, has been doing her lunch and bathing and putting her to bed. So we are basically functioning by having a child to look after each at the moment but I know it can't stay like that forever. There is no way I can leave the two in the room alone together though so it does mean you have to take one with you everywhere. One thing I keep thinking about is how on earth will I get up the stairs to the bathroom with two children? I'll have to take one up, shut the gate and go get the other one but I know my daughter will cry if I leave her at the top of the stairs alone but if I left her at the bottom she would cry and try to climb up! It's really stupid little things like that that I worry about!!

Birdo glad you are feeling better and it will be nice for you to have a week to bond, although you are brave, I still feel pretty helpless on my own! X

Hi girls! Found you!

Rose, good luck for your OH's job interview. Sounds tough!

Birdo, hope you feel good enough to go home shortly, how unlucky have you been poor thing.

What age gap have you got Jen? Just over a year? It's a worry for sure leaving two in a room together then. I just can't imagine how tough that could be... Our age gap is 4 and DD1 is really responsible for her age. But then again I can't risk it :)

We still haven't chosen the name - are we the only ones nameless on this thread?

Went into hospital today to have her 3 day checks done. Checks took 10 mins and the paperwork an hour as we aren't on their system as we had her at home. So they could not enter her results anywhere and ended up letting us go without completed paperwork entered into the computer (we got handwritten notes). It's ironic they are trying to encourage home births but have no systems in place to deal with them later on.

Hey, happy Easter to everyone! We are getting on ok, Joseph's doing really well although feeding is a bit frustrating as my milk never seems to satisfy him so we are combining with some formula. I'm getting there, still sore and suffering the side effects of iron tablets so debating stopping them as would rather be more tired than go through the pain of constipation any longer!! Got our discharge appointment with midwife on Tuesday, can't believe he will be 2 weeks old then! Hoping to try and get out and about a bit more next week, only left the house once since he was born so going stir crazy!

Hey all, lovely to see everyone's had their babies and read about what it's been like for you all. I can't remember if I ever updated the march thread with charlottes birth but she arrived 11th naturally but with forceps and cuts tears etc so was a bit difficult and still dealing with infected wounds and it's not back to normal by a long way. But feeding wise she is doing great, got through the first two weeks of bleeding nipples, incorrect latch etc but the midwife and breast feeding support here was heat they came out to see me and gave me some support and she is now sorted and settled on it, more Mille then I know what to do with which was the case with my son. Hubby back to work soon so trying to figure out how the hell in going do school runs , feeding and not forget anyone! Lol thrown into it all my mother has become very unwell so I'm caring for her during the week also, hard work X

What would you all do in this situation? My parents live in England and I'm in Scotland. Baby 2 (their first grandson) was born on a Saturday and on the Sunday they were umming and ahhing about when they might be able to fit in a visit (they are retired so the fact they didn't leave immediately is fairly ridiculous). Anyway they settled on coming up on the Wednesday til Friday. Arrived the Wednesday and saw us for a couple of hours, came back next morning and my mum has a full snotty cold and tells me 'I might not want her near me so I don't catch it' I told her I wasn't worried about me but I didn't want baby catching it and she was all 'oh he is just born he'll be fine as they have immunity' I told her that was crap. Anyway she proceeded to insist on getting cuddles with him and sure enough he has caught this cold and is throwing up green phelgm and has a nose full of bogies. My OH has just told me that my mum told him the moment they got there that she felt terrible and had done since before they left for the visit. She never said there was anything wrong til the Thursday to me.

So what would you do? Would you just forget about it or would you make a point of telling her she was really selfish to have not thought about passing it on? They are always really thoughtless but this takes the biscuit and my OH is furious. Just wondered what you thought x

I would be soooo cross rose ! It's irresponsible !! I'd let her know exactly how I felt so that in future she knows how to be considerate xx

I would be really angry too. My sister was going to visit me but she had a cold and decided not to do she didn't pass it on to the baby. I would have to say something, not that it changes anything but I would feel better for doing it x

In the end I sent her message telling her he was ill and she basically just ignored me and only responded to something else I had told her. When I next speak to her I expect it will come up x

Some people are just oblivious to these things Rose. I think my mum would have been a bit similar, ignoring a message like that as if it didn't happen. I'd be fuming if someone knowingly came to visit with a wretched cold.

How is everyone feeling?

I have a real milk monster here, she hangs off me all night and day long. And I'm loving it in a way I never enjoyed it with DD1. What a difference a good birth experience and no trauma /early PND makes. I can't believe how happy and together I am - like this baby healed all the past pain.

I've seen midwife today as my episiotomy wound has started to open up, got to get antibiotics now and review in a week. The thought of maybe having to be restitched is turning my stomach so I'm hoping it won't come to that. Would like to start feeling normal now but back to being sore again. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi everyone! I have been reading all your comments but only just got round to writing!

Atlantis, so glad this time round is so much better! Number two sure is different, oh and I keep asking ourselves why we complained about the first being hard! Seems so easy and this age.

Oh no emcb! Hope it does heal up for you. I had a tiny tear this time and midwife said not big enough for stitch but to have lavender and tea tree oil baths to encourage healing, would this help for you??

Rose I would be angry too! We have all been infected too, but this was thanks to my older daughter and nursery! Luckily little lily hasn't had it but older daughter and oh have had it really bad! My mil had a cold when we had first and she stayed away till she got rid of it even though it meant not meeting her for two weeks!

Had health visitor today and lily is now 8.15! Over a pound in just over a week, little breastfeeding monster! Xx

Bubbles my MIL would do the same, she is a totally selfless lady who would never put her wishes before the health of her grandchild - couldn't be more different than my mum!

I was at the GP this morning getting treatment for the dreaded nipple thrush :( had it so bad with my daughter that i spotted the signs really early so hopefully won't cause me too much of a problem. Also got antibiotics because I'm still having some sinus problems that are making me snore so badly my OH would like to disown me! X

How are you all? Just dropping in to see how you are getting on. Is everyone recovering nicely?

How is feeding for everyone? I'm finding breastfeeding so so hard ! He'll either look at me with his mouth closed or scream the house down,headbutt me and keep putting his hands in the way. Just as I'm about to crack he'll sometomes randomly have a good feed. I'm managing to stay calm but I'm so frightened they'll say he isn't getting enough and needs to move to bottles.
I think he would sleep most of the night if I didn't have to wake him to feed, he's a good sleeper and easy to comfort as long as you aren't trying to get him to feed. Sometimes it might take an hour to get him to feed for 10 minutes. Anyone else having this kind of trouble? The midwifes are advising when take they come round but I haven't cracked it yet.

Hi ladies, is it ok if I join you? My little George was born on 25th Feb and I've been missing Tri 3 chats- would love to be part of a group here!

Mel I had problems feeding too and it's only just starting to settle a month on- it's so difficult! I phoned the National Breastfeeding Helpline in despair- I didn't think they'd be able to do much but I wanted reassurance that my baby was getting enough. Actually I was on the phone for almost an hour as the lady on the other end was so fantastic. She talked me through all sorts of things and totally sorted out my latch and positioning- I couldn't believe how helpful she was. I've also been to a milkspot a few times- don't know if they have them where you live but it's basically a breastfeeding group run by midwives. That was really helpful too and it was fun to meet other mums.

Hi Mel, my first daughter was a bit like that. In the end I timed how long I was spending trying to feed her and it was 8 hours per day :( I gave up after 13 exhausting weeks when she was hardly gaining until we started to mix feed at 7 weeks. I felt like the worst failure in the world, some well meaning but misguided people even suggested that my breast milk was too low calorie (what the actual f***?! I know better than to listen to such rubbish and get frightened now).

What almost helped us (but it was too late to fully rescue our BF as I was worn out by then) was take her to a cranial osteopath who diagnosed and treated an issue with her palate that made it painful for DD1 to feed. Her latch improved immediately and her uptake of milk increased but my supply would have needed to be established again then, and I didn't have it in me by then.

But that's my story... Reading yours I would suggest 2 things: look into reflux /silent reflux that might make it painful for your LO to feed; and also look into tongue or lip tie that might do the same. If your LO knows to anticipate pain when feeding they might well behave in the way you describe X

I'm doing combined feeding. Our breastfeeding didn't get off to the best start after our hospital stay with no support and I left there with cracked and bleeding nipples. I decided to bottle feed then as both me and Joseph got completely distressed when trying to get him latched on. I felt guilty so started expressing, and now have come full circle and am breastfeeding again with much more success. Only problem is my milk never came in properly so I never completely satisfy him so he usually needs a top up of formula but he's mainly getting my milk and putting on weight nicely so I'm quite proud of that.

Saw GP today, wound looking a bit infected where it's opened a bit so put on 2 weeks worth of antibiotics. And I've got to restart my iron tablets as levels still much below what they should be, one thing after another!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back