20 week scan :)

Mimimouse89

Reaction score
Just a quick question; My 20 week scan is nearly here, on monday 14th (sooo excited), just wondered whether you have to drink loads of water for this scan like the 1st dating scan or whether you don't need to for this one. I hope not! x

Last edited:
Hiya hun, i have my 20 week scan 2 weeks today, exciting stuff!! :) It says in my letter you have to drink loads of water, so like the other scans. i've had a dating scan (at 10 weeks) and a 12 week scan (i was nearly 13 weeks then). Its uncomfortable not being able to go, but think of how great it will be seeing your wee baba again :) x x

Hi Ladies, apparently you don't have to have a full bladder for the 20wker. I arrived for mine on Tuesday just past, and was absolutely at busting point. Then I saw a notice on the board saying that a full bladder isn't needed for your 20 week scan. So needless to say, I made a swift beeline towards the nearest loo haha And my scan pix are sooooo clear.

Think you only need it for the 1st cos the baby is so tiny etc and to push the necessary body organ(s) out/forward for the scanner to see. x

At my first scan the letter said you needed a full baldder so not to empty bladder for 2 hours prior to scan and drink plenty of fluids. For the 20 week scan my letter said I needed to have some fluid in my bladder but not full so it said not to empty bladder for ONE hour this time. I'm so glad as I am peeing so often now that I don't think I could have held on if i needed to hold off for two hours!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back