20 week scan

titch

Reaction score
mine is next week (yay) but just wondered if any of the ladies who've had it could share their experience. All I know is that its more detailed than the 12 week scan but does anyone know what they'll be looking for and if I get some kind of report or verbal feedback straight away?

Hi Tiny - I had my 20 week scan last thursday and it was brilliant! They take all the important measurements (head, femur, crown to rump etc.) and you will receive a written report setting out what percentile each of the measurements fall into (i was more than a little concerned to find out our bub's head was on the larger side!). They also look to see if the spine and all the major organs (liver, kidneys, bladder, heart, brain etc.) have formed correctly and will let you know straight away if there's a problem. You also get a really good look at baby's face (we could see our little one blowing bubbles). I'm sure yours will be fine, it's a lovely experience xx:)

I havent had one in this country so am looking forward to it, with Rosie I had all the films like X-ray films that showed everything they scanned, pretty awesome to keep - there are several of them. Good luck for your scan, mine's on Wednesday, when is yours? xx

Thursday :) Think Hope's is on friday too, busy week for us lot!! Thanks for that info, really looking forward to it, want to find out if its aboy or a girl and Im starting to feel a bit nonchallant about the whole pregnancy thing now so will be good to reconnect. I assumed we'd be able to buy pictures like at the 12 week scan. Bet thats lovely to have allthose films of Rosie's scans!

Oh wow i didnt know what it entailed either and now im even more excited :D

yeah mine is Friday :D first thing. roll on next week!! x

ar sounds like a gud week for all us. ive fot mine on monday first thing 9am so least i havnt got 2 wait around all day. i think this is the only weekend i wanna go fast lol! we are both so excited but sssoooo nervous 2. my first scan was at 9 weeks so cudnt see a lot x

Ahh Mel you should start a 20 weeks scan thread for us all to add our scan pics and discuss the weeks events!!

It is probably one of the most awesome things ever to see all of the developing organs - I had to go back for a second time with Rosie as they couldnt get a view of her whole spine. We are all due within a few days, its really nice to share with you guys :)

yeah, they just measure everything and check spine, brain, organs etc. You will get a full report attched on your hand held notes. I got 5 photos and they are all soo cute!!! xxxxx

Ahh Mel you should start a 20 weeks scan thread for us all to add our scan pics and discuss the weeks events!!

will do that monday defo wen ive had mine. we can all upload and compare :)

and for the announcements of the sex if ppl are finding out. i'm havin a suprise. what bout u tiny?

we're finding out next week - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Im convinced its a boy at the mo. :)

As ladies said they measure and check all organs, bones and heart etc. My sonographer was very good and measured the heotoma i still had and printed me out 6 photos instead of the standard 3 and was very reassuring and hapy to answer questions - Enjoy ladies it is magical x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back