2 year old grabbing crotch and crying

Baby2sky

Reaction score
My daughter just now has grabbed her crotch telling me it hurts. I took her nappy off and she's not sore but she flinched everytime I touched her. She was wet so had just weed.

I've never had a uti but does this sound like one? Do I take her to the doctors or hospital? I gather that she will need to give a urine sample but isn't potty trained yet?

Help!

No advise sorry. I'd go to Doctors in the morning. They can advise =) x

Could be, with a uti she might have other symptoms like temperature and being under the weather.

Although she didn't look sore, it could have been something itchy or sore bothering her. You could try some canasten cream which is recommended for fungal nappy rashes.

Poor little thing. Could be, might have hurt when she did a wee?
Don't worry too much about the wee sample, with mine they initially tried to stick what looked like a plastic bag over her lady bits but she screamed. In the end they put cotton wool in her nappy and after a couple of hours I had to squeeze out the wee from the cotton wool balls into a sample pot. If she does it again I would take her to out of hours chick.xx

Sounds daft but is it possible she's confusing pain with discomfort? And she's Maybe getting ready for potty training? I only ask as my sisters twins started doing this when they didn't want to pee in their nappy :)

It could certainly be a UTI. It's an odd sensation so a toddler could probably only describe it as hurting. To get the sample do the cotton wool trick. In the meantime give her cranberry juice as it helps the infection to go quicker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back