Ideas for keeping a 2 month old occupied

josie271280

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips and advice on how to entertain a 2 month old for the best part of the day.

I spend all day with my daughter, and at the moment my days are made up of; feeding, putting her down to nap, feeding again, a walk in the buggy for about 45 minutes (which temporarily sends her to sleep), and putting her in front of a Baby Einstein DVD (this only works for about 30 mins before crying starts). I feel bad that I dont spend enough time playing with her, but toys and playmats just dont hold her interest at the moment so I am at a loss. :wall:

Does anyone have any ideas, maybe something that personally worked for you, that I could try with my daughter so that she doenst get bored? Also, things that will keep her happy while I run around the place doing chores would be great aswell (dont worry, I always have the baby monitor with me!).

x x x

At this age i found it really difficult to keep dylan entertained all day. He was the type of baby that hardly ever slept neither so the days seemed to go on forever. You also have to be careful that you dont over stimulate them as they wont sleep :shock:

At this age dylan liked nappy off time i used to put him on the floor with a towel under him and he would have a good little kick. He also liked a book called 'faces'. it was full of black and white images for babies to look at. He never liked his floor playmat but did like the mobile i bought him for the cot. This also had black and white colours on it.

Hope that helps? x

From a very young age, Eden really liked one of my sons old toys, Baby Tad. It was kind of a fluke that we found this out, but nonetheless, it kept her entertained and still does. It is nothing special really, just plays music and shapes light up on the chest in time with the music, but i think that, along with the bright colours kept her attention. We have a couple of similar toys, and I have to say they work almost as good, anything that is bright and plays calming music is a hit for us! :dance: She was not too keen on her playmat when little, but the arch above it and the music it plays were good for her, as were her cot mobile and tomy starlight projector. We also had a cotside book with loads of black and white pictures on which would keep her busy for a while, or otherwise a book with human faces in. Babies love those kinda things. Now she is 5 months she is getting into anything and everything so she is much easier to keep occupied! x

:hug: :hug: :hug:

30 minutes is a really good attention span for 2 months!

I used to take her for a walk for a couple of hours every afternoon, I think in the morning we would lie under the play gym (get one that you can adjust with ribbons so the toys are lower down) for 10 mins or so, have some nappy off time. Mostly we'd just hang out together having cuddles and playing. I think we would put her in her bouncy chair for 10 mins as we wolfed down tea!

The Baby Einstein dvds that I have seen are rubbish. If you are feeling the need for you time have you tried showing her something you'd like? DD loves Doctor Who, has seem chunks of 'Singing in the Rain' and bits of Box of Delights. QI was not a hit though.

We used to sing nursery rhymes, do baby massage, have a bath, read books, go for walks, play on her play gym, watch her mobile.

Leave the chores and just spend valuable time with your baby they grow up too quickly :)

I confess like you sweetie i tryed to do all my chores and housework during the day at such a young age - nightmare! No tips but in the end i got a playmat, lots of toys that would make noises light up etc - a swing! anything to keep her and him entertained when they were sproglets! i found the fisher price jungle playmat a godsend as she loved the bars and and toys above it!
Would keep her quiet while i washed up and got the hoovering done!

My 2 month old loves her cot mobile and she'll coo at it, but after a while gets bored. I find she needs a variety of play things. Recently i bought this lamaze doll which is supposed to aid development a little later on and she absolutely adours it. and they have a range of colourful toys.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lamaze-Play-Gro ... 868&sr=8-5

so i line up her toys and use each one as a puppet in turn and talk to her. She'll be cooing away. A very good website for this kind of stuff is babycentre.co.uk it gives ideas of games you can play with LO at each age.

We also have an electric swing sort of thing which she sits in for a while at times but sorry cant really think of anything to keep her entertained while i'm busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back