2 vessel cord

eclairef

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm currently 21+5 and had to go back in today for a repeat of my 20 week scan to check a couple of things that baby's arms and legs were hiding last time...definitely a shy baby with showing his/her face!

On checking the cord the sonographer told us that it is a 2 vessel cord - normally it's 3 vessels. Everything else is looking normal but I can't help but feel worried now. She did say it wasn't anything to worry about but I now have to go for regular growth scans from 28 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Just looking for other people's knowledge and experience to put my mind at rest!

Sorry didn't want to read and not post. I don't have any advice on this but wanted to wish you luck and if they said it's ok then it probably is.
Xx

Hi ladies

I'm currently 21+5 and had to go back in today for a repeat of my 20 week scan to check a couple of things that baby's arms and legs were hiding last time...definitely a shy baby with showing his/her face!

On checking the cord the sonographer told us that it is a 2 vessel cord - normally it's 3 vessels. Everything else is looking normal but I can't help but feel worried now. She did say it wasn't anything to worry about but I now have to go for regular growth scans from 28 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Just looking for other people's knowledge and experience to put my mind at rest!

Hi, my manager had this when pregnant with her little one. She said she was worried like you, however her little one was born completely healthy. I think her little one was monitored after birth for 24hours just as a precaution.
Sorry if that's not much help xx

Thank you. I spoke with my midwife this afternoon. She said that as long as baby has 2 kidneys (which it does) everything should be ok. Amniotic fluid might drop a bit later on in the pregnancy but they'll keep a close eye on that at the extra growth scans.

I have a distant friend who had the same thing, and just like BigsisterSoph's manager's kid, the baby was born healthy. And if your midwife also thinks it's going to be alright, hopefully you'll be able to stop worrying about it, even if it can be really hard at times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back