making my own cord tie?

petchy

Reaction score
well, as some of you know i'm planning a home birth, and i'm quite keen to have little "special" rituals or similar that will be unique to our baby, as a token of how special he is to us.

i have been looking into whether you have to use the sterile plastic clamps for the cord, but it seems this isn't the only option and many people choose to use "softer" things like ribbon etc.

so i was thinking of braiding a thin friendship bracelet type cord tie (which i would of course boil to sterilise after it's made) which it seems to me would be much more comfy to the baby than a hard plastic bit - what do you guys think? am i getting a little too "new-agey" here or?

Hiya

Wow, How wonderful that you are having a Home birth. My midwife delivered two babies at home last week and said the whole experience was lovely.

I think thats a lovely idea, and again you must do what you want to do. Best person probably to ask is the Midwife, as there may be certain procedures she has to follow ?

Ragna xxxxx

I too am having a home birth and think thats a lovely idea.......do you mind if I copy it??

What a lovely idea! I would love to do a blue one and a pink one just in case! I think it is a lovely gesture of love and would be something you can keep afterwards too for the scrapbook!

I might try this one too! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back