2 under 2?

Lynds77

Reaction score
I know there is a few of us on her that have 2012 babies and are pregnant again

Anyone else proper shiting themselves? I just cant seem to get my head around how I am going to cope. Freya still only sleeps through 50% of the time and these days I nap when she does.

I just cant imagine being up half the night with a newborn, then having a toddler to look after all day too.

I know we just have to get on with it and we will cope, but is anyobe else terrified??

P.s. Hope, I really cant imagine how you feel with 3 under 2! Eeek x

I'm not pregnant but have a 12 month age gap my youngest is now 21 months and I must say I put a few posts while in tears struggling but now they are older I love the age gap. They are such good friends although they do fight sometimes. You do get through it and it isn't easy but lots of ladies on here can help fir support. You will seem to find an extra pair of arms and suddenly find you can do a million things at once lol

I officially became a member of the 2 under 2 club yesterday. There's 13 months between them.
We came home from hospital tonight and William wouldn't even look at me and just wanted to poke the baby. Luckily it wasn't too long til his bedtime but I'm shitting myself about how he'll react tomorrow or even in the night when baby cries x

Depending on the date it could go either way. Greyson will be 2 on 11th August (due the 15th) - and this one is due on 14th August - so I could have 2 under 2!!!

I'm only cacking myself a little bit at the moment - as I've only known for a week. Give me a few weeks when the nausea and tiredness set in... yes I'll be shitting myself!!! Greyson is like Freya, only sleeps through half the time - and then 6am is a lie-in!!!

Not this time, but had 2 under 2 and it was not bad. Baby #2 had to slot into our routine. Hard At times, specially when feeding baby And the chronic tiredness...Fast forward 5 years and they are best friends, do everything together and even moved their bed into same bedroom last year. It will be hard at times but rewarding most of the time x

Last edited:
I am proper shitting myself! I'm petrified, nervous and excited all rolled into one exhausted ball of hormones.
Sophia will be 20months when number 2 arrives and although she is a pleasure to look after, she is a handful and doesn't sleep through anymore. I'm permanently shattered as it is so adding a newborn into the mix should be amusing!!
About 3 days ago I was brushing my teeth and it suddenly hit me how tired and busy I was going to be come March and I swear I almost cried!
I imagine a lot of tears of exhaustion and frustration will be shed x

Thank god I am not alone. I really thought I would have got my head round it all by now, but no.

Just the logistics of how to get a shower during the day, and where the baby will sleep during the day when Freya is playing with her noisy toys or squealing her head of like she does when she is happy. Poor thing is going to be used to noise pretty quick!

Just keep saying to myself "what the fuck have I done?". X

I have a nearly 5 month old and just found out at the weekend I'm expecting no.2!! I think I really am a nutter lol! There will be 13 months between them and although it was planned and I'm so so excited - part of me just didn't expect it to happen as quick as it did and I am crapping myself ever so slightly haha!! Xx

Yah i am officially part of the 2 under 2 gang as of today. There will be a 15 month age gap and i am sat in hospital now with my daughter wondering what the hell I let myself in for.

I'm with you lynds, iv been thinking what will I do with baby when I bath archie, what about when I put him to bed, what do I do when he's putting his arms up to be picked up but the baby is crying, will the baby wake him, will I have 2 babys in bed with me because it's the only way I'll sleep...yep oh fuck comes to mind...but you know what we will just do it because it's what we do best :) xx xx

Just keep saying to myself "what the fuck have I done?". X

I've had a few of those thoughts this week! Exhaustion and nausea have really been getting me down, Alyssa doesn't sleep well so I'm permanently knackered, and she's so wriggly and impatient that I'm constantly getting whacked, kicked and headbutted (by accident, but ouch) and I worry for when I have a proper bump.

This one's due during the summer holidays, so will have hubby for a few weeks, but after that will be calling on all possible resources - both mums all aunts, all hands on deck!! Not going to say no to anyone I imagine.

Going to need a lot of help, I'm willing to admit it. Dreading that I go for a scan and it turns out to be twins!! Got that feeling!!! xx

only expecting first but had a laugh reading some of the comments

Yep I feel exactly the same!! 15mnths difference when no.2 arrives next year- Freddie's only 6.5mnths now and although we both really wanted this neither me nor hubby can get our heads around it.

It sucks actually- I'm scared I won't bond with this baby and I'm gutted I haven't had that excitement that I got last August with my first bfp- feel like there's something wrong with me!!

All that said, I wouldn't change a thing!!!

I've 18 months between my two, and tbh yes its hard, but it's not really any different from having a newborn.

Remember the first time, all the panic of how to find a routine for the two of you. It's the same, except this time it's how to add one more.

what do I do with the baby while I shower, becomes what do I do with baby while I bath the toddler Etc

There are bits of having a newborn that you'll find a lot easier 2nd time round cos you've already done the new mum thing. Like I'll quite happily leave DD2 upstairs sleeping (wouldn't have done that so early with DD1), I know the tricks of how to get myself showered etc. But those things you have Sussed out are just replaced by new problems. Lol.

My one word of advice - get a sling!!! Baby wearing is a life saver!!! I can chase the toddler around the park with newborn on my back.

Xxx

So glad I have read this. My lg is 6 months old and I recently found out I was pregnant. I will have a newborn and a 14 month old. My lg is a good sleeper and can keep her self amused but like I say she's only 6 months I'm sure things will chance. The same as others have said I keep thinking what have I done, I feel awful saying it as this was planned just happened so quickly (we ttc a year and a half last time). Bring on the madness x

I've got 2 under 2 since my son was born a month ago. My daughter is 21 months. I thought it would be a nightmare, but it's actually going pretty well. Our toddler sleeps through the night (from 6pm til 7am and doesn't fuss for breakfast, so can often go round til 8.30am in her cot just playing with her toys). She doesn't seem bothered by her brother crying in the night either, thank goodness!

Showering - I go after I've fed my son and pop my daughter in her playpen. They're both fed and changed and I know they're safe. It took me ages with my daughter to work up the courage to leave her in her cot when I showered if it was just the two of us at home, but with my son I've done it from the beginning.

The main problem I'm finding so far is if their feeds/meals coincide. I've not got into the hang of planning ahead yet, plus my son varies on how long he can go between feeds. so sometimes that comes as a surprise. Then there's quite a bit of crying, although not from me (yet, anyway!).

It all seems ok right now. Maybe it's because my second pregnancy was also complicated and I felt like crap through most of it and got ill afterwards, so now I'm feeling better and have loads of energy everything feels doable!

I'm glad to hear that those of you that have done it or are doing it with 2 under 2 have managed it ok: we're going have 3 under two in March, gulp!

DS is 18 months now and will be 22 months, assuming the twins stay baking as long as they're supposed to! If I didn't have my mum and sister round the corner I'd be panicking big style I think! DS only sleeps through about half the time too and only wants me at night, even if all he wants is a cuddle. I just hope the twins sleep a bit better and a bit quicker than he did!! I'm hoping that having an existing schedule will help as the twins will have to fit in with that to an extent and it should help me to keep on track- she said optimistically!! :D

With 3 weeks left til I am due and a 16 month old I am nervous to say the least x

Last edited:
I'm so glad there are others with small age gaps! I'm so so excited but hope I can manage! Xx

It is hard but you are still so used to having a baby you do to think twice about it. I have 20 months between my 2. I remember my friends with bigger age gaps struggling to adjust to a baby again such as going back to nappies, stair gates being fitted back, putting a cot up again, covering plug sockets, putting toys with small bits away so new baby wouldn't eat it... For us was so much easier as there was no transition, we just bought an extra cot and we were ready to go. You ladies are already on the swing of things... You will see that chancing a new baby's nappy is soooo easy compared to a wriggly toddler lol it's hard work but great fun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back