Pregnant with number 2, How will I cope?

dinks1

Reaction score
I have just discovered I am pregnant with baby number 2, Im terrified on how I will cope with 2! People keep saying to me that two is really hard. But its too late now.
My daughter is 2 years old and this was the first month my husband and I tried to add to our brood, and we hit the jackpot!
So any words of encouragment would be great :D

Hiya and welcome, congratulations :cheer:

I have a daughter who is 2 next month and i'm trying for number 2. Just keep saying to yourself ''Other people have lots of kids and they cope fine...I will cope!'' lol :wink:

I know a lady who has moved here from Bristol and she has 6 children and cope's fine. Even though your daughter is only 2 you will probably find she will help you alot, my daughter fetches her own nappies, wipes etc... and can put on her own coat, feeds herself and takes off her own nappy when she 'thinks' she needs the potty lol.

You will be fine. :hug:

There's a toddler section where you can discuss things about your daughter on here too. Enjoy your stay and get yourself into tri 1 :D

:wave:

Hello and congratulations! :wave:

Of course it's going to be very different having 2 but I am sure you will cope fine. I'm pregnant with number 4, unplanned, and THAT is scary! :wink:

So long as your daughter is well prepared she will no doubt love being a big sister and you'll find her mostly helpful. It is so lovely having children fairly close as I now find that my older 2 will play nicely together (sometimes) so in a way it is actually easier having 2 cos they entertain each other. :)

Will your daughter be at preschool when the new baby comes? This can be hard because you have to be out at a certain time but it is also nice because it gives you time to nap and time with the baby. Also, she gets a break from the LO!

Good luck for the next few months, look forward to seeing you around :hug:

:wave: iv only got one child but iv heard from other people its not that much more difference having 2 than having 1. and as ur first is 2 already its enough of an age gap that by the time no.2 arrives no.1 will be walking/talking/out of nappies so easier to deal with.

good luck, and congratulations! x

Thanks for your encouraging words! Mimi (my daughter) will be 2 years 7 months when the baby is born. I am hoping that as a girl she might have the maternal instinct, and want to help mummy. Looking forward to getting further along in my pregnancy so I can tell the world. Is it true that you show faster when your pregnant with your second?

Hiya hun, im pg with my 2nd child, my son is 2 this saturday. i have told any of my family yet about my pregnancy. My friend has two sons with 13 months apart and she loves it, their bond is great to see. taylor my son will be 2 yr 5 mth when this one is born, it will be a great challenge dont worry x x

:wave: Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on pregnancy number two :wave:

I'm pregnant with number two as well and wondering the same as you how I'll cope, I'm sure it will be fine, and anyway its a bit late now :rotfl: :D

Hi :wave: Congrats!

Im in the same boat as you my little girl will be around 2 yrs 8months when i have this little one! and i really worried about it to start off with, but over the weeks ive just kinda come to the conclusion that we'll cope whatever happens :lol: and im starting to focus on all the positive things like how they'll be able to play together, and hopefully be close!

Cannot wait :lol:

Emma x

hi and welcome :wave: im sure you will be fine hun a lot of people on here have had 2 babies close together sometimes its just the way it goes we thought wed try for just 1 more when our yougest hit 1 year and caught practically straight away with twins :rotfl: so we will have 3 babies under 2 years old :lol: xxxxxxx

welcome to the forum

I'm sure u will be fine ;)

awwww, i think you wil do fine, i also think that you will find that your girl will help you out, ie getting nappies and putting things in the bin etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back