1yr jabs

Sage

Reaction score
My little man is 1 on sunday :( where has the time gone?!?! its mad to think this time last year at 10pm my constractions started then 4 days later my little man popped out!

Anyways hes got his 1 year jab next thurs, how many do they have for this one? the 16 week, three in his leg jab broke my heart and i felt sick! :doh: dreading this one! i cant take a bottle any more either as i no for a fact he'll push it away, think mummy's guna have to bring some choccy buttons to calm him down :oops:

How many injections do they have and what have you used to calm them down after?

For those reasons (it would break my heart to inflict pain on my lo and others reasons read tons of books) i did not vaccinate.....
After what i read i thought it was more scary to vaccinate than not too !!!
Its a very personal decision but one that should be agonised over and informed not just by your G.P...
If you are interested here's a web site i used to gain more insight.

http://www.informedparent.co.uk/

Good luck i hope he's ok :hug:

Natural mamma said:

It saddens me that the comparatively small risk of vaccination side effects keeps getting hyped up (also with false claims), while at the same time the very real risk of the infections is being down-played.
I understand why parents feel insecure, looking at the masses of claims on the web, but I think it's important that people remember that the diseases which are routinely vaccinated against are serious, and can lead to serious complications including death.

Have a browse around www.badscience.net, there's a lot of good explanations about the relative risks and why vaccinations are important.

Of course it's not easy seeing your little one cry and you don't want him to get hurt, but the short sharp pain of the jab and - if he develops them - the slight side effects don't last long and help protect him against bigger pain and illness.

Try to give him positive ideas, telling him how brave he is, and how quickly it is over, and try to avoid to act too anxious/upset yourself, as your kid will most likely tune into the same kind of emotion, iykwim.

widowwadman said:
Natural mamma said:

It saddens me that the comparatively small risk of vaccination side effects keeps getting hyped up (also with false claims), while at the same time the very real risk of the infections is being down-played.
I understand why parents feel insecure, looking at the masses of claims on the web, but I think it's important that people remember that the diseases which are routinely vaccinated against are serious, and can lead to serious complications including death.

i could'nt agree more, and it isnt just your child you are taking the risk with.. its others to.. if i didnt vacinate my child.. who got measles mumps or reubella at 4 years old.. and he came into contact with a baby under 1 who never got the chance to have the vaccine and that baby ended up being blind, deaf, brain damaged or even dead.. it was my fault..the risk NOT to if far to great for me.. there are no links with autism, and i personally see not doing it as far more risky to my kids and to others. so both mine get all of their vaccines.

I've got no choice but to vaccinate, although I have read some literature on the subject and know that there are things in vaccines that I am not happy about giving my child, such as aluminum and formaldehyde and I am kinda against having to give my child the Live rubella virus vaccine as its grown in human diploid cells (human aborted fetus cells).... :shock: http://www.vaccinationnews.com/dailynew ... sinvax.htm but you can find anything on the net. :wink:

However, I live off the coast of North Africa. Something silly like 5% of kids born here have Hep B which is transmitted through blood and bodily fluids and lil miss will be going to nursery with kids infected with this and its so easily transmitted. In fact most kids she will be going to school with come from 3rd world countries, or poorer countries where vaccinations are not so readily available. Not to mention that we live in an area with high tourism rates which means a lot of potential exposure to virus is very possible... So she NEEDS the vaccinations.

The ratio of her becoming ill with a disease that can be vaccinated against compared with the chances of her having an adverse reaction to the vaccinations are far greater than any kid in the UK and even more so if that kid lives in some backwater village in the middle of some mountain range where people from other places are seen as aliens. :lol:

So I have calculated the risk as every parent should do based on correct up to date information, and decided that lil miss would be far safer if we vaccinated. :D

I think its just one needle! For Meningitis C and Hib!

I do agree with widowwadman! It is completely the parents choice at the end of the day but I do worry about Lola and other young family members who could come into contact with infectious diseases because other children have not had the vaccinations!
I remember before Lucy had her MMR, there was an outbreak of Measles at the school! (well a couple of children got it, they hadnt had the vaccination) one little boy, a brother of a child in the school, got really very ill, he was only months old!
That did scare me as I was so worried for Lucy as she hadnt had her MMR! Luckily she was fine!

Thomas caught measles 1 month ago from someone just in the street.
we kept him away from all other children untill we knew he was in the clear
xx

Cally will have her's due soon - we will do the same as we did with Seren, she won't have her MMR. I have done my research and based my decison on what I have read. I also have heard the arguement about protecting other children as well but I do what is best for my children, not everyone else's. am selfish like that ;)

Seren did have the other jab at about 14 months (the meningitis one) and tbh she recovered fine from it. She did cry as it went in but a booby later and lots of kisses she was right as rain and quickly forgot all about it.

Both of mine have had theirs done with no problems and no nasty effects. Tbh i wouldnt want them getting diseases off other kids and i wouldnt want to be responsible for making someone elses child ill.

Im not saying someones wrong for making the choice not to immunise their children, but if they made any of my kids ill id be pissed off.

It's 2 seperate injections. Jack had his not so long ago. He cried when they first went in but he was ok 30 seconds later - he hated the nurse though :lol: He was ill about 4 days later, just high temperature and generally grouchy and just wanted cuddles and calpol and bed and he was fine the following day.

I read information on the vaccines and it was more of a risk not to get him done than for him to have the vaccines.

It's such a touch decision. We all try to do what is best by our children. It's scary, putting all our trust into the health proffession. The internet is the devils work at times, gives us so much information. Too much! You can find whatever information you are looking for to defend your decision. Whichever side of the fence your on.

Part of me feels they should be compulsary, at least for your child to be admitted to nursery/school. It's not fair on other children for there to be outbreaks of these diseases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back