** 1st time ever pregnant thread!

I am a first timer as well. :)

I haven't seen a doctor or anything yet and won't be able to for another few weeks as I am currently in England visiting family, but live in Asia. It's complicated a little by the fact that you don't just ring your GP and start maternity care through them I pick which hospital/doctor/midwife I want to care for me and just phone up. But all the hospitals offer tours, information evenings to meet the midwives, obstetrician etc, look around and see what facilities they have and then we'll have to pick which one to use. The week we get back home I am going to try and schedule to see the five or six hospitals that look best to me and go from there. It is a very different system to the NHS but healthcare there is great so I am sure it will be fine, I just don't really know how it all works when I am used to the NHS and phoning the GP and going from there.

I will probably be heading into tri 2 before I see a doctor which isn't ideal, but I found out I was pregnant after coming to England and have been here nearly a month with another two weeks to go, so not much option really.

Anyway, it's nice to have so many people at the same stages to share things with.

---

I am sorry for those of you suffering so badly :(

Im off work sick at the moment Boobaloo..... Just had my first midwife appointment, gotta ring on Wednesday and organise my 12 week scan!!!

Welcome and congrats Talulah! Sounds like a good system they have where you live, hope you are enjoying your time in not so sunny England!!! Xx

Like Sassy I've tried everything including peppermint tea and sucking on extra strong mints :(

Sounds much better service over there Tal hun.

Im finding that in waking up starving and can't stop eating until about lunch time - then the nausea feeling starts to kick in and I feel rubbish until I wake up the next day! X

Welcome and congrats Talulah! Sounds like a good system they have where you live, hope you are enjoying your time in not so sunny England!!! Xx

It is lovely to see our friend and family, but after a month here I am ready to get back home where the sun shines and it's actually warm. lol

I've been feeling great the past few days until I start eating. I get hungry and really fancy something then within three or four mouthfuls I feel yucky and can't eat any more, then feel rotten for a while. If I don't eat I feel great but can't go around not eating. lol

Im the same, im gluten free but just had a slice ov 'proper' toast because i dont like the gf bread, it was lovely but now i just feel sick again!!!
Im constantly hungry but as soon as i eat i feel so bad i wish i hadnt!!!
Im even trying flat lemonade and sour sweets to see if they help..... So far no luck!!!

This is also my first pregnancy. I just found out yesterday & everything is still feeling a wee bit daunting but yay!!!! :)

It's my first time too and was a big shock especially as I found out a week after I split with my ex so also going it alone I'm only about 5 weeks and would like to say hearing everyone's comments have helped me a lot too x congratulations to you all xx

My first time too! Just got my bfp today so still early days. I'm 33 and been trying for 11 months. Stil in shock!

Question for you ladies - those "due date calculators" that you find online, they use the first day of your last period. The due date I get with those, is that the same due date I would get from a doctor at this stage? I'm going to try & book an appointment with a gp tomorrow but I'm just sat here wondering.

Last edited:
What if you have a really long cycles, surely they can't base the due date on your period dates then. Hmmmm confuses me too!

Those due date calculators are wrong for me, I'm not the 'average' woman who has a clockwork 28 day cycle and always ovulates on day 14. We were using NFP before we started trying to conceive and I know that I ovulate later than the 'average' woman and that my cycle is 32 days long. My due date based on an online LMP calculator is a week earlier because it's based on a 28/day14 cycle. I know exactly what day I ovulated and am going from that.

I do have the regular 28 day cycle so I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't know exactly what day I OV'ed so I guess LMP is all I have to go on until they scan & can see size of baby?

Yes a doctor will do it on a 28 day cycle and then you may get put back at your 12 week scan. My cycles were 32 days but at my dating scan it measured dead on accurate of the 28 day cycle calculators.

i have long cycles and this one would have been 42 days. (I know that as a chart) i just did the calculator on the nhs site and that one asks for cycle length so i spose thats fine if you know your cycle length.

Morninggggggggg ugh i feel rank! :( We have house guests for a week now, we had to tell them!

I'm not ready to tell anyone yet, though I got an overwhelming desire to tell my mum on Saturday night, I resisted! I want to hear a heartbeat before I start telling people. I want to know its real. I moved recently so I hadn't yet registered with a doctor. There are 2 surgeries near to where I live/work. One will let me register (I really like this place) next week but the gps are in the middle of a 3 week break! The other surgery can give me an appointment on Wed 25th July. What would you gals do? I want to do right by me & the wee nugget.

I didnt wonna tell anyone but im so ill that they will notice and they are staying in our house and they were asking, plus they dont know anyone or see anyone we know to tell

Hopefully they'll be really supportive & help you out loads. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back