1st gynae appt.. advice please

rene70

Reaction score
hi ladies
we have our first gynae appt tomorrow afternoon, not sure what to expect, havent had any fertility tests done by gp so was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of what to expect tomorrow... ttc 10mths :think:

Hi

At my 1st appointment, they asked lots of questons, did an internal examination, took swabs and arranged blood tests. Not a lot will be done at 1st. I you haven't had any tests done by your GP then it will be mainly blood tests at certain points in your cycle that you start with. Further along i had an ultrasound scan and a HSG to check my tubes weren't blocked.

Hope this helps, any question just ask, i'll try my best!

Good luck for tomorrow, makes sure you come back on to update how it went.

Michelle x

thanks for your post now i have an idea what to expect, i just hope i can remember everything they tell me... my memories terrible will keep you updated :hug:

hi
the appt wasnt as scarey as i thought it would be :D they asked OH to take in a semen sample tomoro (thurs) for anaylsis , they asked me about my lifestyle , smoking (which i dont nd niether does OH) drinking diet etc, said it was a requirement to ask wieght to check BMI mines is fine, and then she done a vaginal ultrasound , then took blood also took some to check my underactive thyroid not had it checked for a yr :oops: we will get our results back in a cpl of wks :pray: its all ok, she said if i find im BFP b4 then to give them a call nd they will arrange for an early scan, the sister was really friendly so feel more positive :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back