pregnancy sucees with ovarian cyst

pinkcat

Reaction score
I have been TTC for 6 months without success. I have had painful and heavy periods lately the last one lasted a month. I had a scan and was told I have a cyst on my left ovary. They are going to monitor this.

Can anyone give me any idea on how this would affect me TTC- can I still get pregnant? will it make it much harder or impossible? my GP didn't give me much advice and although I have an appointment with gynae/infertility dr I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice?

Thanks.

x

i dont c how it could be a problem tbh! i would buy ovulation kit and see when you are ovulating. if its only on the left side, u still have the right side and it works harder for the other ovary that is struggling, a bit like how a blind person can hear alot more than a person that has full vision, cos there sences work harder...hope that makes sence.

i too have an ovarian cyst on my left side and had my right ovary and falopian tube removed in sept 07, my surgeon who is also the baby doctor told me that he has seen women fall pregnant with one ovary on one side and only a flalopian tube on the other. anything is possible and his exact words to me where to try and see! and i did manage to fall preggers....but then mc but thats a different story lol.

my advice is to just monitor your ovulation, any worries demand answers from your doc.

hope this might b of some worry ease to you x

Thanks for the hope and the advice.

I hope things work out for you. x

:wave: Welcome to the forum :) No advice really but I certainly dont think it makes TTC impossible :)

Sorry i can't help but didn't want to read and rum. Good luck

Welcome to the forum :D I don't think a cyst should affect your chances of conceiving. Ovarian cysts are quite common - I had one on my left ovary when I had an early scan in my last pregnancy. I hope everything works out for you x

I've got ovarian cysts on my left ovary (PCOS really) and it's a question I'm going to ask my new doctor when I get round to registering (must do that today...) If you find out the answer, please let me know -and I will do too.

My main concern is that they burst/get bigger/etc. if I were to get pregnant. I also have a lot of pain on my left side, pretty much constantly, but was (like you it seems) told sweet FA by the doctor about it and "put up and shut up"...hence the new doc.

Good luck - and be persistent with your doctor - they're paid to give you answers and it's really frustrating when they don't...

:hug:

I suffer from pcos and also endemetriosis, and had fertility problems. I've been under gyny care for years and it is possible to conceive while you have a cyst, because I have done it. Alot of cysts go away by themselfs, sometimes they need to be drained if they're very painful etc.

What I will say is I now believe anything is possible, i stopped naturally ovulating a few years ago and needed fertility treatment to make me ovulate. I conceived 4 times, but also mc 4 times. My relationship failed and i gave up hope of becoming a mum. I've been with my OH now almost 2 yrs and am now 10+5wks pg without any treatment and somehow managed to naturally ovulate. Good luck on ttc and don't give up hope x

Thanks for all your replies.

Well I went for my first appointment at the infertility clinic. She says she thinks I have endemetriosis. I now have a laproscopy booked for Feb.

I'm now so worried I have this- it feels like another obstacle. I had heard it was very difficult to conceive with this, although KatieJane gives me hope with what she has posted.

x

Try not to worry, endemetriosis does make it harder to conceive but by no means impossible. The laprosocopy will help because they will check your tubes for blockages. There's loads of procedures they can do, using lasers and all sorts. Ask lots of questions because that's what they're there for and if you ever need to chat I'm here because I've been through it x

I had a cyst on my left ovary with very heavy bleeding and had pain for a few months on and off.

It wasnt till my ex GP decided to do some tests after i complained that they came back that i was very early pregnant but had just miscarried.

So yes you can still get pregnant with a ovarian cyst but please keep on at your doctor to do as much as possible regarding it.

I dont think the cyst caused my miscarriage as i have a history of miscarriage before and after the cyst was found.

I'm encouraged to read some of the posts in relation to this and wish anyone in this situation all the success in the world when TTC. I am just about to start TTC and was (and still am) worried about my chances of getting pregnant as I suffered a burst ovarian cyst when I was 22 which wasn't cleared away after the burst for a week so its great to hear about success stories while still trying to keep a normal amount of perspective and realism on the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back