16 wk midwife appointment

nmf1987

Reaction score
going to sound silly but just wondering if anyone can tell me what the 16 week appointment is all about. didnt get told by my midwife last time as she wasnt my official one.

just wondering what it is they need to know so i am ready for it.

xxxx

oh cool. let me know. just at the mo midwife appointments seem abit pointless. they are so few and far between and all they do is take blood. xx

At my 16 week appointment I got results from 1st blood tests, she told me that I was low risk for Downs Syndrome and listened to babies heartbeat, it wasn't long at all. She asked me if I'd bought a wee sample but I wasn't asked to so no I hadn't!

I had my 16 week appointment on thursday, I forgot my urine sample (oops) but she said as the last one was ok, it didn't matter this time. She asked how I was feeling, had there been any movements, booked me in for my glucose test as it hadn't been booked yet, and let us hear the heartbeat which was great :) She didn't take any blood x

Wee wee sample, blood results, listen to babys heart, ask if babys been moving and 2nd tri downs blood test if you havnt already had it then back in 6 weeks ant long tbh, had mine on the 23rd x

i just had mine to and here (edinburgh) we dont get to hear the heartbeat till around 20 weeks now. meant to be that some couldnt find the heartbeat and people would panic but i asked very nicely and heard the hearbeat was offered blood for downs and given my date for 20 week scan that was about it.

I just got my bloods done and asked how i was. Also checked urine sample and blood pressure (as usual) Didnt listen to heartbeat, they dont do it everywhere at 16 weeks. xx

Im seeing mine next week for my 16 week she said its to take urine sample and get to hear babies heartbeat also discuss any blood tests taken before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back