16 week check up

EssJayPea

Reaction score
Hey girls

Just noticing that everyone is getting or has had a 16 week midwife appointment but, as far as I know, we're not being seen 'til our 20 week scan...

Is it just us? Xx

Is this your first? I know there's less appointments with second babies. I didn't actually have a 16 week. But mw seems to see me at odd times i had booking in at 8 weeks, then saw her at 13weeks, 19weeks and 23weeks. Now seeing her at 28wks

i got seen at 12 weeks booking in then again at 16 weeks then again after 20 week scan x

I had to make my own 16 week appointment, midwife did tell me that at booking in, maybe you should check with your surgery to see what there policy is :) x

I'll give the maternity unit a quick call tomorrow to see if it's standard in my area.

Thanks everyone :) xxx

Hi hun

I got seen at about 10 weeks for booking in then 12 week scan and mw says she will see me again about 16/17 weeks i have an appt with her next Thursday then she said after that it would be 25 weeks obviously inbetween that I have 20 week scan and appt with Consultant at 24 weeks xx

my sis and i are both pregnant, my sis with her second me with my first. (other than my none routing appointments, these are the ones we have/are both having)
8-10w booking in appointment & Bloods
12w scan
16w midwife - with doppler check
20w scan
24/25w midwife - with doppler check
28w midwife - with doppler, measurements & Bloods
31w midwife - with doppler & measurements
34w midwife - with doppler & measurements
36w midwife - with doppler & measurements
38w midwife - with doppler & measurements
40w midwife - with doppler & measurements
41w midwife - with doppler check - if baby isnt here by then

Last edited:
I had my booking in appointment at 10 weeks and my next appointment is at about 19 weeks (had 12 week scan in between). I think for me the reason that there is no 16 week appointment is that my midwife and I had clashing holidays so I think the 19 week app is just a postponed 16 week appointment. I agree with EssJayPea, might be worth calling the midwife/unit to check the policy. Shame to miss out!!

I got given my 16 week appointment at my booking in appointment (I was 8w) now that is what I call organised :shock: :lol:

xxxxxxxx

Hey girls

Just noticing that everyone is getting or has had a 16 week midwife appointment but, as far as I know, we're not being seen 'til our 20 week scan...

Is it just us? Xx

I was just wondering the same thing myself!
Just called the midwife's office to see when my next appointment should be and they said I needed to make an appointment to see her with my doctor's surgery.
Good job I called, not sure how we're supposed to know what we're doing for our first babies?!!! :eh:

Just called and we don't get a 16 week check.

Our booking in was done at same time as our 12 week scan then we get our 20 week anomaly scan. See the community mw at 22 weeks. My area must be trying to cut down on appointments! Xx

thats no fun for you :(

Sorry you don't get the 16w as standard x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back