Will midwife check hb?

Kate1985

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if my midwife will check the hb at my 16 week check up? I don't think I can cope waiting for my 20 week scan to see that all is ok?thanks xx

Iv heard that she does. My friend who is 33 weeks says mw ha listened to hb everytime she has an app. :) xx

It depends, some trusts don't any more?

I had a consultant do my 16w check (he was just covering) and he said even at my hospital not all MW's do - but he did!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mine didnt and im soo paranoid now, i really wanted to enjoy my 20 week scan as i had a few problems before my 1st one and was so worried i couldnt enjoy it, now im really worried again as iv tried my doppler 3 times and not managed to find a HB :( i think i feel movements but there barley noticable! wish i would of asked at my last mw appointment... I think because this is my first baby im OTT about everything lol... need to stay positive :)

I'm the same ruthiex I'm paranoid about everything! That's why I didn't get a Doppler because I knew if I couldn't find hb I would panic? I'm sure all is fine?whens your scan?xx

My scans on wednesday!! im really exited but very nervous!! id defo ask your midwife if its possible for you to hear hb just as i know it really would of put my mind at rest, if not atleast you asked! the doppler was a mistake as the first time i used it i could hear it and the past 3 times nothing!! i wont bother in future xx

my midwife has checked HB at every appointment so far, if not, im sure you could ask if she wouldnt mind checking it. :)

Ooh it's getting close then ruthiex how exciting! I feel like time has stood still during pregnancy. Took ages to reach 12 weeks and now the wait for 20 week scan is also dragging! Thanks ladies I think I will ask her if she can check xx

i just had my check and she i asked her to check for the heartbeat. she said she didn't normally offer at this stage but would if asked, so make sure you ask hun! there is no reason for them not to try, even if you cant find it. xx

In my area they will only try and find it after 16 weeks , but I begged and she tried before about 13/14 weeks I think , but she did warn me that she may not find it thank goodness she did.
Try not to worry if she won't or can't though, because when the mw feels your tummy bubs usually kicks her so you can be reassured bubs is ok that way too. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back