1 week till c section - eek

Nickyj

Reaction score
Hi. One week today and my baby will be here but I'm feeling so scared (and excited of course) I had an emergency c section 7 years ago with my first son and have opted for an elective this time. I had my pre assessment today and all the staff at the hospital were great but I am feeling so anxious and very tearful. I really am scared about the c section although people have told me its so much better second time round with an elective. Just wondered if anyone has any advice on how to keep calm and how it was for them. Any advice would be appreciated xx

Hi. One week today and my baby will be here but I'm feeling so scared (and excited of course) I had an emergency c section 7 years ago with my first son and have opted for an elective this time. I had my pre assessment today and all the staff at the hospital were great but I am feeling so anxious and very tearful. I really am scared about the c section although people have told me its so much better second time round with an elective. Just wondered if anyone has any advice on how to keep calm and how it was for them. Any advice would be appreciated xx

Nicky don't worry, electives are very calm. no food after 10 or midnight etc, you take the rantadine last thing at night and also at 6am ish and then no water after that.You arrive very early like 730, they usually have three couples on the list, you get in your gown , hubby gets his outfit too!! Then you just hang out till the op, they come to get you just before op, you get twitchy every tie the door opens incase its your time... ha babies are usualy born around 9, 10 and 11 am..so yourll go down 30 mins before that for spinal.. If they get emergency ones, they can put you back. Ive had 4 now and my latest was born at 12.38 due to emergencys, and two at 10am and one at 11am..

They let oh hold your hand while they pop spinal in back, thats the worst bit, but you lean forward onto him, which is nice, and it;s over in a flash, your legs start going tingly and they lay you down o back, very slightly on your side so not to put pressure on spinal point..

they spray your tum with something cold to see if you feel it, then screen goes up. You won't feel or see catherter going in, which is great:lol:.
Within 10 mins you will have your baby, on your chest or with hubby..
the rest is placenta etc and stitching up time, you wont care as yourll have your baby..

ask to try breastfeeding when in recovery and get skin to skin, I managed this last time, it was the best.. oh got to dress babby there, and after 3 hours being monitored , I was on the ward..

yourll know the rest , hope that helps

get oh to take camera into theatre with him, (make sure you ask someone to take piccy of you both with baby and oh with baby, as I haven't got any piccys with oh in and baby as I was throwing up.

Some hosps say you can take music in, I have never done so, surgeons can listen to whatever they wanted , as long as they did a good job! ha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back