Zika Virus

Selina13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm very early in my pregnancy (6wk) so work don't know yet.

I'm seeing my midwife next Tuesday so will ask her then but wondered if anyone knew anything before then.

My colleague is going to Mexico in a couple of weeks, she isn't taking any precautions regarding the zika virus before she goes (but she isn't pregnant or planning a pregnancy). I'm worried about if she caught it or carried it back my baby be at risk, is this the case as all the info I have read talks about actually travelling to the countries at risk of the infection not it being brought back?

Thanks for any advice.

S x

Is it worth ringing your doctors and speaking with the practice nurse? x

I dont think its airborne, I'm sure I read it's contact with blood but maybe worth ringing dr or MW just in case x

Yeah, I'll speak to midwife next week. It's a huge concern this virus though isn't it!? X

I read its only contractable through insect bites so it must be passed through blood x

There's lots of information online about the virus and how it is transmitted, take a look x

I have looked but I couldn't find anything that was clear. X

As others have said, it is only contract able through direct contact with a mosquito that is infected, however there have been a couple of cases transferred through semen hence recommended precautions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back