My 8 month old daughter has a urine infection...

saffydreamer

Reaction score
hey my little Ava has a urine infection and i just wondered if anyone else had experianced anything similar?
she had a febrile convulsion thurs morn, took her to emergency docs and they said its a virus??? didnt say where said it will show itself in 24-48hrs
then she had a mild convulsion today went straight to A and E and they found she has a urine infection,did tons of other test which came back clear poor bubs, Any ideas how long it takes to go with anti-biotics Trimethorprim
her temp keeps soaring from 36-38
im giving her the nurofen and calpol they gave me, and shes in a vest with a muslin xxxxx
its soooo scary :cry:

aw :hug: you poor things - generally.......should start to get better in 24 hours, pretty much gone in 48 hours and more like herself in 72hours....... :) fingers crossed for you both.xx

Have PM'd you, it is a very scary thing but you're doing all the right things. :hug:

have pm'ed u back Becky :hug:
its the temp that scares me, i cant stop checking it :(

Awww hun :( I have no advice as I have never experienced this but just want to send my love to you and Ava :hug: :hug: :hug:

't be scared - it is normal and not harmful to keep checking but you don't need to. A fit and a temperature are both symptoms of an illness in the body (and show that the body is fighting it) but the temperature does not cause the fit - giving paracetamol or neurofen is good as it makes your little one feel better but it is the illness that causes the fit not the temperature itself.

It is very scary but very unlikely to happen again now she is getting treatment.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/ar ... ectionId=1

this may be helpful. - on the right hand side there is advice under treatment about what to do if there is another fit. It might help if you feel a little more prepared. Don't worry about food if she doesn't want it but make sure she is drinking +++ expecially in this heat - ice pops are often a way to do this if she doesn't want to tak a bottle as she can suck on them and feel better + get fluid in :) :hug:

thankyou smile, me and Mik are just going to both read ur link, At least we will know what to do, although my mind goes blank and hysteria sets in when it happens, he remained very calm today!
shes fast asleep now and is cool has a normal temp, thankyou for all ur loverly replies i really appreciate it :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back