Yummy porridge recipe!

Amy_J

Reaction score
I got this recipe off the anabel karmel website and thought id share! Made it this morning and my lo loved it! Made a change from readybrek and regular porridge

150ml whole milk
15grams oats
6 chopped dried apricots
1 large ripe pear

Put the milk, oats, and chopped apricots in a pan
Bring to the boil
Simmer for three minutes
Blend in a food processor, adding the chopped pear

Suitable for freezing!

Thank you for sharing :)

How many grams of oats should there be Amy? x

15grams, but i used more as it didnt seem enough!!

He had a frozen portion for breakfast this morning, left it to defroat overnight in tue fridge, i just had to add a splash of milk, but it froze really well!

hi - thanks for posting, made it last night, the whole house smelt lovely (added a cinnamin stick) and emma wolfed it down!
mine turned out a bit runny so had to add some ready brek but i didn't have the recipe on me so probably used too much milk!

Oooo i might try it with cinnamon too!!

I might make a weeks worth on Sunday and defrost one everynight ready for brekkie the next morning. Gotta be cheaper and tastier than plain old ready brek! Cheers Amy x

Im going to do that is week too! Lo loves it! I like the fact its got fruit in too! Let us know ow jack goes on if he likes it! Xx

I'm sure he'll love it with the fruit in it! I'll have to do a batch on Tuesday when the shopping gets delivered and then start from next sunday, i'm going to seperate the flavours though so he has more variety. He also loves cinnamon so i'll use some of that too x

I'm sure he'll love it with the fruit in it! I'll have to do a batch on Tuesday when the shopping gets delivered and then start from next sunday, i'm going to seperate the flavours though so he has more variety. He also loves cinnamon so i'll use some of that too x

Let me know what variations you make and i will try them too! Its so cheap for a massive bag of oats from tesco, readybrek costs loads in comparison!!

Thats exactly what I was thinking, plus he never seems to 'enjoy' his plain old ready brek and has never been a fan of weetabix either. I'm going to do apple, apricot, pear and cinamon all seperate so he has 4 different flavours to alternate with x

This sounds delicious!! I have tried porridge fingers from the blw cookbook bit my lo was unimpressed. I wonder if I add a bit less milk whether it would be thicker and easier for Arthur to pick up with his hands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back