Christmas recipe exchange

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I thought it might be a nice idea to have a recipe exchange for Christmas, as it's time to start thinking about getting ingredients in for puddings and cakes if anyone fancies making their own. If anyone has any recipes for things they make at Christmas that turn out nice I'd love to hear about them :)

I made christmas puds for the first time last year and they turned out really nice (well I thought so ;)) here is the recipe if anyone is interested :) I made mine about a month before Xmas.
CHRISTMAS PUDDING

114g (4oz) fresh breadcrumbs
56g (2oz) flour
½tsp each cinnamon and mixed spice
114g (4oz) Demerara sugar
114g (4oz) currants
114g (4oz) sultanas
226g (8oz) raisins
28g (1oz) mixed chopped peel
56g (2oz) chopped almonds or fresh peanuts
1 small cooking apple, peeled, cored and grated
114g (4oz) butter, melted and cool
2 eggs, beaten
grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
1tbsp black treacle
70-140ml (1/8 -¼pt) stout or ale

Butter a 1200ml (2pt) basin, mix all dry ingredients well together in a large bowl.
Stir in melted butter with the liquids, adding enough stout to make a fairly soft mixture.
Put mixture into the basin, cover with buttered foil.
Boil or steam for 6 hours.
When pudding is cold, put on a fresh cover and store in a cool dark place till needed.
Boil or steam about 2 hours on Christmas Day.

and if anyone likes Pate (and can eat it this year, though I confess to making it last Christmas when I was pregnant with Alex and snaffling some :oops: ) this is really easy but tasty :)

Chicken Liver Pate Recipe with Bacon, Chicken Livers, Onions, Butter & Herbs.
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb (450g) Streaky Bacon, chopped
1 lb (450g) Chicken Livers
1 lb (450g) Onions, sliced
1 lb (450g) Butter
Mixed Herbs
Salt & Pepper
METHOD:
Place all the ingredients into a large casserole and mix well. Cover and cook slowly in the oven for 2 hours at 300F / 150C / Mark 2. Blend in a liquidizer until smooth, then pour into a pate dish. leave until set. The Butter will rise to the top to form a layer. Serve with slices of Toast. Serves 8 - 10 people.

I look forward to any recommendations (I'm starving just thinking about it!) :lol:

such a good thread idea!! :cheer:
However I have absolutely no recipe to share with you :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back