Your worst ever job?

Hazel

Reaction score
What's been the worst job you've ever had?

Mine have been selling double glazing over the phone (did this part time in the evening while I was at college).

Packing fruit in a factory (lasted 1 day). Found a big creepy crawly insect monster in with the grapes and decided not to go back.

my worst job was working in a factory picking doors and bits of kitchens (i had muscles like a man!)
i lasted 6 weeks!! i was only paid £3.10 an hour!!

Ooh I've packed carrots in Australia which i loved.

Worst job - working in a nursing home. SOOOO depressing. People just abandoned their elderly relatives there. Really upset me. I worked there for nearly 2 years from age 14 - 16, (evenings & weekends), and there was one woman who was so lovely and interesting and she never had ONE visitor!!!!! I loved chatting to them though about their lives. Pay was rubbish as well. £1.80 an hour.

Mine was working in a restaurant. Probably not that bad really but I hated it. I did it part time while I was at college and also served in the bar downstairs aswell as in the restaurant bit upstairs and so was forever up and down taking orders and serving. Can't remember how much I got paid but it was pretty rubbish

Meat packing factory.

It was freezing cold and had to wrap things like frozen chicken pieces and I swear after about the 5th crate my hands were gonna fall off they were that cold! Also there was tripe! Ewwwwww it felt so weird! And you would come home stinking of meats and stuff I never realized how much it smelt till I worked there.

Oooo and it paid £3.40 a hour

I used to clean in a hospital, thankfully the nurses dealt with the really horrible stuff.

Much much worse was the day and a half I managed in Topshop. I moved up to Peterborough years ago to live with DH and went looking for jobs, applied for an admin job at the shop, when I turned up they said the admin was filled but did I want to work on the shop floor? You can't turn down a job when you've just moved and don't know how long your savings will last.

I hated it so much, I'm a bit of a perfectionist so couldn't stand it when people dropped clothes on the floor. I always pick up stuff I drop in stores and so many customers were just plain rude.

worst job was when i was 16 and was working at burger king, i was a veggie at the time too so the smell of meat made me feel sick everyday,

Probably the home care agency I worked for. The people I looked after were mostly lovely but the actual agency was run by a bunch of idiots. They gave us stupid schedules that were never correct and didn't seem to care about health and safety. After about 8 weeks I was doing a new morning shift on foot and they'd given me a rota (you were supposed to arrange the list of clients according to your route so you didn't end up doubling back on yourself and wasting time unless they had requested a specific time) and I asked if any clients needed me at any particular time and was told no - only to be greeted angrily by a bedridden diabetic woman who said that she needed breakfast first thing or else her blood sugar would be too low :shock: Apparently she'd had loads of problems with people being late. I quit that day and the agency has lost the contract for my area due to all the complaints.

I;ve done the double glazing selling too- was awful i used to get such abuse!
but i abuse them ppl too...they do get on my wick!

my worst job was probably mcdonalds..i worjed there when i was 16 because they had such flexible shifts and i was at college doing my a-levels! i hated it customers talk down to you so badly coz they think thats what you want your vocation to be forever.. :rotfl: :rotfl: plus sorry to say it but most of my colleagues were stupid or couldn't talk english and i think thats what customers are used to in fast food places in london so they talk to you like you are thick from the second they get in there!

Fruit picking! It was ok, but by 1pm it was boiling hot and you had to go home. I was living in a tent at the time so going home didn't mean sitting on the sofa and watching telly, like it would for me now! :lol:
I worked in a fish and chip shop for 4 hours too. That sucked!
I also did a YTS at comet when I was 16. The job was ok but being paid £1 an hour for a 39 hour week sucked big time. It wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't training up new staff who were on 4 times my pay :x

Oooo Ive had a couple.

Working in a famous meat shop,

When i first left school i worked for an agency till i went to college and i was
Packing twiglets :bored:
Putting labels on cleaning products

fran_23 said:

I went for an interview for double glazing for Zenith windows. They wanted me to stay for an hour making cold calls. I so didn't want to do it, I was only young at the time!
So I said ok, I need to go to the toilet and promptly did a runner! :oops: :rotfl:

Packing beef burgers in a factory in the dead of summer. When I started at 7am it was all frozen but by 3.30 I had bits of stinky dead cow hanging off me. No-one would sit next to me on the bus :cry:

Have you ever seen economy burgers being made? I swear they just threw whole carcasses into these huge mincers, it was like a Far Side cartoon. :shock: I didn't eat bef burgers for 6 years :lol:

Minxy said:
Packing beef burgers in a factory in the dead of summer. When I started at 7am it was all frozen but by 3.30 I had bits of stinky dead cow hanging off me. No-one would sit next to me on the bus :cry:

Have you ever seen economy burgers being made? I swear they just threw whole carcasses into these huge mincers, it was like a Far Side cartoon. :shock: I didn't eat bef burgers for 6 years :lol:

:puke:
I used to work opposite a meat factory and by the afternoon the smell was coming across the road into our office.

Misslarue said:
fran_23 said:

I went for an interview for double glazing for Zenith windows. They wanted me to stay for an hour making cold calls. I so didn't want to do it, I was only young at the time!
So I said ok, I need to go to the toilet and promptly did a runner! :oops: :rotfl:

Omg- thats what happened to me it was Zeniths we went for an interview me and my mate and they made us stay and do this list of calls..we did it and got screamed at and they asked us to start the next day we left and we were like no way are we going back...LOL

Never buy hand made faggots.....thats the first thing that gets chucked across the room in a power cut then scraped off the walls and floors after and wrapped in fat so nobody knows! :puke:

nickilubs said:
Never buy hand made faggots.....thats the first thing that gets chucked across the room in a power cut then scraped off the walls and floors after and wrapped in fat so nobody knows! :puke:

Cheers for the tip :lol:

Hazel said:
Packing fruit in a factory (lasted 1 day). Found a big creepy crawly insect monster in with the grapes and decided not to go back.
:rotfl: Sorry, but I'd be exactly the same!!

OMG, I've had some sh*tty jobs, in fact, ALL my jobs (apart from the one I'm in now) have been bad - Mum always made us work for pocket money as we were quite poor :( Sob story! Anyway, my jobs have been;

13yrs: Paper round (at 6am every school morning :wall: )
14yrs: Cleaner at our local beauty salon (I used to tell all my friends that I was the receptionist lol!)
15yrs: Chip shop (greasy fish & chips :puke: )
15&16yrs: Waitress at our local hotel (polishing knives & forks at midnight on a Fri & Sat night really ruins the street cred 8) :( )
16&17yrs: Working on the deli at our supermarket (ox tongue and mouldy cheese - NOT the best smell combo)
17yrs-present: Booking conferences, hotels, exhibitions blah blah (yawwwwwn)

My CV should be shredded!! :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back