your nose

emma28

Reaction score
Any one had, or know anyone who has had something stuck up their nose?

Please tell me lots of reassuring stories about how easy the Dr's can get stuff out.

Jonah has a stone stuck waaay up there...... :roll: ......and I'm scared that he may need to be knocked out for it's removal. :(

I am slightly hopeful it has been there for all his life and he will become a genius when they take it out :D

Sorry the only thing ive had stuck up my nose is my finger, unfortunatly for me i never got any more brainy after removing it, hope it works for you though :hug:

When I was little I stuffed some bird seed up mine, thinking my nose was a beak probably! My nan made me sniff pepper which worked for me. A stones a bit different though :think:

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle :)

I put a bit of lego up my nose when I was a kid. Ended up in A&E as everytime my mum tried to get it out it went up further and further. They had trouble getting it out and at one point they were going to operate and I would have had a scar across my nose......................but they got it out in the end and all was well :cheer: And it was up really far!!

A little girl I looked after once poked a Polly Pocket knee high boot up her nose. It disappeared and when they tried to remove it without putting her under they just could not get hold of it, it had gone that far up there.

So she went back the next day and was out for about 20 minutes was all. They removed it in a few minutes then no problem.

She was bouncing around the same afternoon. No side effects and all was well. It really wasn't a trauma for her.

My brother got a bead stuck up his nose when he was young. Quick trip to A & E and he was sorted :D

MissLarue :shock: OMG!!!!!!! Imagine if they had of!! I can see the stone..so maybe it's not too far up :pray:

Cheers Charlie and Sherlock, thats optimistic anyway. I can't believe how long they have been in A&E though, it's shocking.

If he needs to be knocked out, he will have to go to the bigger hospital. I'm worried how scared he will be, and he will want his mummy. :cry:

:oops: When I was 2 my parents were moving house they gave me some lego too take to the removal lorry so I thought I was helping but I couldn't hold it all and kept dropping it so thought it would be a great idea to put the wheel up my nose!!! Doctors soon hooked it out though and I was fine :D

emma28 said:
Cheers Charlie and Sherlock, thats optimistic anyway. I can't believe how long they have been in A&E though, it's shocking.

If he needs to be knocked out, he will have to go to the bigger hospital. I'm worried how scared he will be, and he will want his mummy. :cry:

They won't do it today I wouldn't think. Chances are you'd have to go back in the next few days after following pre op procedures which are simple enough. Its not even an 'operation' in the sense of it, its very straightforward as a rule.

Yup. A bead. Luckily my dad was able to get me to blow it out. ("Blow, Becky, not SNIFF!!!)

OH, however, had to go to hospital to have his removed.

(This was all last week. :rotfl: :rotfl: )

We have realised with our history it is inevitable that we will have a trip to A&E at some point to have something removed from somewhere with our LO.

Our local hospital said that the stone had been up there ages and that skin had started growing over it so they transfered him to the Freeman which is a much larger hospital. :shock:

So I got my Mam to sit with Abigail so I could go too, cos he did indeed want his mummy..my big queen!! :hug:

The hospital is about 45mns away buut when we got there the Dr's were fantastic with him, numbed his nose, tilted him back and whipped it out - no problems :cheer: It had not been up there long enough for the skin to grow over at all :roll: ( it was a bit slimy mind) We have it as a reminder :lol:

It was MASSIVE. I honestly have no idea how he got it up there...he must have proper jammed it....

Thanks for your stories and well wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back