i think my hamster is dying *update resurrection*

trixipaws

Reaction score
i just went to clean my hamsters cage out, now this hamster i got him the christmas before i was pregnant (2005) and he was 6 weeks old so for a hamster he is olddddddddddddddddddd. he's been lame and blind for months and he was really skinny with a big humpback! very decrepit but still happy umbling around his cage.

anyway i peered in at him and he wasnt breathing. i touched him and he's stone cold. so went downstairs to tell my boyf to go be a gravedigger while i found a box to stuff with fluffy bedding and put him in as a lil coffin!

but when i picked him up he was face down) and turned him over his nose twitched a bit!!!!

so wew not buried him yet we're leaving him in his cage until we sure he's dead :(

i dont think he's hibernating as iv just looked it up on the internet and apparently hibernating hamsters will be limp. well he isnt limp he's stiff like a corpse. i put him on his back and he's in the same position with all his little feet stuck in the air. but he's definately still alive, his nose twitched a few times. plus iv had a lot of hamsters and iv never had one hibernate. and his age and condition we were expecting him to die any day for months now. so i think he's on his way out...

aww no poor lil boy, thats a really good age for a hamster though :hug:

one of my hamsters went into hibernation and was all stiff and cold - we popped him in the airing cupboard and he soon revived.

awww no :( hopefully he'll come round a bit, but that is a fantastic age for a hamster :hug:

I had a hamster once that went all stiff and cold... my dad put wrapped a hot water bottle in a towel and put her on it...she came back to life and lasted a good year or so after it!

Hope your hammy is ok

3 years is the equivalent to 150 years old in human years... Poor thing... Try warming him up, but I don't think he'll be around much longer :(

Awww poor hammy but he is a very old hammy!! hope he perks up, if not then he had a good innings :)
:hug:

I would say try and warm him up trix, it might revive him a bit and make him comfortable if its his last days. Thats a fab age for a hamster!

OMG he has come back to life :shock: eep i hope he was starting to hibernate- otherwise my hamster is a zombie! :shock:

thanx for all yr advice and thoughts x x

lol i kno, bless him! im so glad we didnt bury him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back