Your mother in law rant!

violet-glow

Reaction score
Hiya girls opsy and JMC lol

I know I go on about my mother in law alot, but with good reason :wink: hehe

Ive just been chatting with a friend I havent spoken to in donkeys years, she was having a really good moan about her mother in law, saying that they were friends until my friend and her OH found out they are going to have a baby.

So naturaly I had a really good moan about my MIL. :D

The main thing taht probably bugs me about mine, is that she is VERY clingy towards my OH and needs to know where he is every 5 seconds of the day. Also that when OH and I have an argument, only has to be a little one and there she is sticking her nose in. I dont stick my nose into her private life etc.. so why should she.

Anyways... do any of you have any annoying MILs?
This is your chance to speak up and have a rant! :D

xxx

My mil is always on at me now im pregnant. You do this, this, this and that. Alex knows how i feel about this and hes still on her side! Men eh.

i really like my MIL i couldnt have asked for better in laws but she still gets on my boobs, she spoils kai rotten (only natural i know) but when asked to stop buyin him things she says ok but next day shes bought him somethin else, it may only be a a bat an ball set but still its spoiling kai an he thinks he should have somthin new all the time! she also rings us about 6 times a day most days this doesnt bother me but some days i just wish she wouldnt keep ringing. :lol: :lol: really sounds like i like her. i really do honest!
MIL are made to annoy us i think.
wonder wot our OH's think of our mothers! :lol:

Thought i really liked mine, well i do, its just that she keeps telling me I cant buy this or that as its bad luck. And apparently is can see the future and told me i was having a boy and thats that. Well im not ha ha. Also she is buying the car seat and pram but wont do this till late August !!! What if i go into labour early i am due 14 Sept!!! am i supposed to carry baby home!!

Well, can't say much things for the moment, but wait till september/october, when she comes with my SIL from Pakistan, to stay with us 6 month! :wink:
She is nice and I do like her, she has great values, but we are both coming from 2 different worlds, culture, and i know there will be clashes!
better be prepared for it! :) :D
:wall:

Mel xx

I was going to do this topic myself! My MIL is really doing my head in at the mo and I know i'm being a stroppy cow with her but I just can't help it.

She is so over protective of her 3 precious boys (especially one in particular who is the same age as me - 25 - and is quite obviously her favourite which she doesn't really deny and I think is terrible!) and I constantly feel like she's judging me and my parenting skills etc.

She's been off work with depression lately which I think is exagerated anyway and she has nothing to do except phone up for no apparent reason several times a day and ask the same questions each time! I just have no patience with her at all. She tries to be nice and offer money etc to help us out but she won't take no for an answer sometimes and it makes me feel so uncomfortable.

She also has our son every Tuesday whilst we're at work but she spoils him so much and gives him so many sweets and choc etc. We think he has an intolerance to dairy at the moment which we're trying to monitor and she seems to ignore it and will even lie to me saying he's not had stuff when I know full well he has from the contents of his potty when he comes home! I feel like she thinks i'm exagerating and putting it on when in fact i feel incredibly guilty that he has to miss out sometimes but am doing my best to cope with it!

Anyway, I could go on forever so had better stop now!

Tan x

Sounds like my MIL Tan, in the way that she doesnt listen to reason and she thinks shes always right and her way is always better.

My MIL 'told' my OH that she would be buying the cot because I would buy the wrong one. The wrong one? arrgghh. I told her last time I saw her that if she has something to say or ask me then would she kindly go directly to me and not through my OH. She said look me up and down and walked out of the room. arrgghhh (going to kick her in her sleep me thinks lol)

Great topic :D

Within the first week of MIL meeting me we were all sitting in living room (me, OH and MIL) when a trailer for the film Shallow Hal came on. MIL poked OH and said loudly "we all think you're like him"!!? BITCH!!! I had to walk out of the room cos tears were falling fast. What a shan :(

OH sat there and didn't say a word to her !:( Bringing it up with him a few days later he said "Its just cos you aren't as girly as my last girlfriends"

I make a point of wearing trackies and hair in a big bun on top of my head now whenever I go to see her lol :D Worst thing is she's a big scruffy heffer same as me! :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back