nose bleeds

Louise_a

Reaction score
im 20 weeks and 2 days today.

for the past week ive had a constant headache which has now gone away but through that ive had quite alot of blood out of my nose, not enough to run but i feel bunged up so have to blow it, then i see that theres lots of nasty clots. thi has been for about 3 or 4 days now.

im not prone to them and never had a nose bleed in my life, even when ive been hit or something.
could this have anything to do with the pregnancy?

yeah its completely normal.
ive been having the same as you but on thursday it started running blood and i kept going all faint and couldnt stand up.
so went up to antenatal and everything was fine.. they said blowing your nose or sneezing can set them off.
its to do with the extra blood around your body (30% - 40%), and hormones making your blood vessels wider.
but dont worry about it :hug:

From what I have heard it is common to get nosebleeds in pregnancy. You might want to get your Blood Pressure checked out too though just as a precaution.

yeah i thought it might be high blood pressure but it was normal

I had a major nose bleed last night so glad to hear it is not unusual....

It bled for ages!! I had to hang over the sink adn DH held my hair back as the sink just filled with blood!!! Nice! :puke:

I have had this but apparently nosebleeds are more common in pregnancy. It's a real pain as I am totally snotty at the moment and can't blow hard as I just blow out blood...nice.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back