Your dream Job.......

Not helpful to you, but my dream job is being an Army Officer :lol: I'm in the TA now, training starts in January for Officer.

Are you getting a re-settlement allowance to re-train? What's your trade in the RAF and do you enjoy it?

In normal civvy life I'm an Sales & Events Manager which means running events from small lunches to conferences for 1,000+ people. I also do freelance work for a company that runs holiday lets, and I'm starting to do freelance work in April for an outdoor adventure company (with them training me as an adverturous training instuctor for my time). My freelance work is all sales and marketing based.

I love my freelance work, but hate my tedious office work in my regular job! I also can't stand how ineffective some civvy companies are at most things. :lol: If I never go into the Army full time, I'll probably end up being a SAHM or running my own freelance events/sales company.

Im in the logistics side of it. I started of on TSW and I absolutely loved it, every 12wks I was away somewhere. Then I got moved back into mainstream supply, hated it. I then went to work with the movers and had a great time, those guys are considered to be 'bottom of the pile' but they make so many things happen and put in hours you wouldn't believe! So I suppose I do love aspects of my job, I love the variety, being outdoors as much as in. I cant stand being stuck in an office all day:shakehead: but looking at the jobs up here to get anywhere near what I am being paid now I need a managers job in a warehouse.

I have been networking though and im hoping I may be able to get something with BAE doing what I do now but for double the money :dance: Nothing's definate though and I start resettlement on the 24th. I get something like 80% of any courses paid for and it can be used for so long after I leave so it's pretty good and I intend to take full advantage to gain some sort of career. I just need to have an idea of what direction I want to go...........

If you're interested in oil, gas, nuclear energy industries then drop me line. I imagine it's more for engineers right now, but my family works for a well known company and is running a pilot scheme to re-qualify ex-forces personnel and place them in the industry.

BAE work sounds brilliant though, especially if it pays well!

I'd love to be a social worker.I hove started my courses but it's a long slog.I was treated like crap in care and want to add my input and give something back to the system.Failing that i'd like to be family welfare officer x

If you're interested in oil, gas, nuclear energy industries then drop me line. I imagine it's more for engineers right now, but my family works for a well known company and is running a pilot scheme to re-qualify ex-forces personnel and place them in the industry.

BAE work sounds brilliant though, especially if it pays well!

That would be fab, thanks!

I'd love to be a social worker.I hove started my courses but it's a long slog.I was treated like crap in care and want to add my input and give something back to the system.Failing that i'd like to be family welfare officer x[/QUOTE

I did think about social worker but I would get too emotionaly attached, some cases must be heartbreaking. It's great that you are doing something you really want and seen passionate about x

tonks, i applied to NATS a few years ago, but now the courses and stuff would be too much :(

chloesmummy, BAE are fab to work for! well, if you can get past the dipshits that work in daft jobs lol!!

HAHA Are you talking about the one in Manchester by any chance? I have been down there working and I laise with some on the phone sometimes..........I know what you mean! x

lol yea, my dad works at 3 of them round here and there are some proper dipshits working there too!! just about to start a thread about one of thema ctually!!

I wonna be a midwife! Hoping to start on the access course next year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back