Finally got a Job Interview

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
I'm really excited as I have an Interview for a Receptionist Job tomorrow but am bricking it at the same time, i've only ever had one other Interview and that was for my current Job (Argos) and didnt exactly do too well with that one
I'm not well spoken and normally clam up and stutter when i'm put on the spot :oops:

be yourself and you will do fine huni!

worse comes to worse, picture them in their knickers or pants!
:rotfl: sooo glad i didn't do that with my current boss.

Good luck! :hug:

ul b fine mica, the less u think about it the better ul b in the interview!!

Try to think of it as just a chat rather than an interview, i.e. pretend your just meeting an old friend to discuss what you done since leaving school and what type of things you now enjoy doing! Good luck with it, I'm sure you done just fine with your Argos intervew (you got the job!!) so you'll be just fine with this one too. Let us know how it goes. :hug:

Good Luck xx

Thankyou ever so much!

I really need this job so :pray: hoping i get it

Thankyou, will let you know how it goes later, interview's at 4:30pm

Princess i am exactly the same as you - but you will be fine, honestly!!! i am a receptionist andi am sooo quiet with people its untrue, but once i did this job for a while it really brought me out of my shell :cheer:

good luck darlin' :pray: :hug:

ooooh good luck, ive done reception work and it can be good fun, no days seems to be the same!

Some tips for you:

Receptionists are all about first impressions for the company, so they'll be looking for someone who is very well presented, confident and smiley, with a good telephone manner. Practice on the phone with a friend, your probably more well spoken than you think!

Make sure you do a bit of research on the company so you know exactly what they do, what kind of customers they serve (ie are they other businesses, members of the public etc) and think about how they might expect you to respond to these people. Some companys prefer strict proffesionalism while others prefer a more laid back and chatty approach, depending on the type of customer.

Reception work isnt just sitting behind a desk answering calls and directing visitors, you may also be expected to do some general admin, set up conference rooms, make tea and coffee etc, so you will need to demonstrate that you can multitask, prioritise workload, and enjoy challenges and varying tasks.

But above all - BE YOURSELF! Nothing wrong with hoicking up the accent a posh notch and making an extra effort with your nails lol, but they want to see the real you!

I'll stop waffling now, but I have done many interviews as the interviewer so if you want any more tips please pm me!

GOOD LUCK! :hug:

glitzyglamgirl said:
ooooh good luck, ive done reception work and it can be good fun, no days seems to be the same!

Some tips for you:

Receptionists are all about first impressions for the company, so they'll be looking for someone who is very well presented, confident and smiley, with a good telephone manner. Practice on the phone with a friend, your probably more well spoken than you think!

Make sure you do a bit of research on the company so you know exactly what they do, what kind of customers they serve (ie are they other businesses, members of the public etc) and think about how they might expect you to respond to these people. Some companys prefer strict proffesionalism while others prefer a more laid back and chatty approach, depending on the type of customer.

Reception work isnt just sitting behind a desk answering calls and directing visitors, you may also be expected to do some general admin, set up conference rooms, make tea and coffee etc, so you will need to demonstrate that you can multitask, prioritise workload, and enjoy challenges and varying tasks.

But above all - BE YOURSELF! Nothing wrong with hoicking up the accent a posh notch and making an extra effort with your nails lol, but they want to see the real you!

I'll stop waffling now, but I have done many interviews as the interviewer so if you want any more tips please pm me!

GOOD LUCK! :hug:

Thankyou for all that Info GGG that will come in handy.
I'm more worried about the sort of questions they will ask me, I can answer questions very well but being put in the spot light i forget what my answer is, start to stutter and then i've messed it up already, I have a confidence issue!
The woman rung me this morning as i have applied for some other positions with them so am going to be interviewed for them at the same time

PP i am EXACTLY the same as you confidence wise - my mind goes blank, i go bright red and nothing comes out of my mouth!! BUT i am sure you will be fine - good luck darlin' i know you can do it!! :pray:

Im the same I get really nervous .. But just take it easy , take a deep breath and it will be fine :) :hug: good luck!

will keep my fingers n toes crossed that this is your lucky day.
Hope everything goes well, let us know how you get on.
Sarah x

Best of luck PP... I just had an interview 2wks ago for hotel reception and I was bricking it before I went... but I just tried to imagine I was talking to one of my friends so I didnt get too nervous... and I got it!

I agree with GGG to make sure you look smart by doing your nails etc and having a nice apperance as you are the first point of contavt their customers will meet with.... sounds so lame but it's true.

Good luck and let us know!!

Thankyou everyone, starting to feel a bit bleurgh :puke: already, gonna have a shower in a second and keep myself busy untill 4:15, Will let you all know asap! Thankyou for all your help!

Hey Ladies.
Got back at around 5:20pm but had to go pick the lil man up. Very peeved as i assumed it was an Interview with an employer but it was actually with a recruiting agent, she said she feels that the positions i applied for aren't suitable for me, she wants to find me a job where they dont expect too much of me straight away :think: & i lack confidence so need to build it back up, but she said there are Admin & Receptionist jobs that come up alot so she's going to find the right one for me and give me ring. The annoying thing is it could all take weeks/months and i'm in need of a job now :(

Thankyou for all your help though i'll bare it in mind for next time

ohhh she sounds nice could u try lookin for ab job without the help of a recruiting agency like job centre etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back