Your Breastfeeding experience

I had a hard time in the beginning as my supply was low(which is very rare), i managed 7-8 weeks of exclusive Bfing and 14"months in total(i mixed fed). And tell you what, i would love to.just BF.
Its at the right temperature, always with you, sterile and saves money.
I will try again with this.baby and hope i can get decent supply.
Good luck, as others have said you wont know until you try

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

i had a big baby (10lb14oz) naturally and i combi fed due to her being a very sleepy girl the first week and then me not being able to keep up with demand after i had got rid of the thrush we had and getting her to wake up for feeds. now at 9 months she only has 1 bottle at night and she has naturally decided she prefers boob to bottles of formula. it was really hard at first, i tried expressing and sheilds and was taking painkillers just to feed her but it was worth every minute to be able to feed my girl and to be able to soothe her. i did spend a lot of time the first few weeks glued to the sofa and she wanted a lot of feeding, it seemed like one thing after another and i almost gave up but im glad i persevered. baby cafe or a breastfeeding support group have been a real help to me and id highly recommend linking in with one

Thanks for all of your replies!

A question about supply Knopk, I didn't even notice my milk coming in with S, my friend (who thinks she knows everything!) upset me a little at the time and said it was because I had a c section and you don't experience the same hormones as a person who has had a natural birth so you don't produce very much milk. At the time I brushed it off as a stupid comment, But do you think there is any truth in that? Did you have a natural birth? If you don't mind me asking!

BevG - Wow 10lb 14oz naturally! Well done you! Did the pain decrease after a while?

Thanks for all of your replies!

A question about supply Knopk, I didn't even notice my milk coming in with S, my friend (who thinks she knows everything!) upset me a little at the time and said it was because I had a c section and you don't experience the same hormones as a person who has had a natural birth so you don't produce very much milk. At the time I brushed it off as a stupid comment, But do you think there is any truth in that? Did you have a natural birth? If you don't mind me asking!

BevG - Wow 10lb 14oz naturally! Well done you! Did the pain decrease after a while?

My understanding Hun is that you do experience the same hormones just slightly delayed. Typically after a vaginal birth your milk will come in around 3-5 days, with a C section it can take 5-7 days xx

^^ but concentrating on a steady recovery and lots of skin to skin while you resting will help x

I had a natural birth and my milk came in on day 4. With c sections its delayed as ladies said.
Milk is produced when there is stimulation i e baby feeding. At first they get colostrum which is very importand as it has important nutrients and antibodies, then it turns into milk.
A friend of mine had a big baby too and they have him some formula so his sugar levels wouldnt drop but she breastfed him successfully

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Thanks for all of your replies, I will definately be doing my reasearch when the time comes :)

I had a c section on a tues night and my milk came in on the Friday morning so I guess everyone is just different. My little boy is 19 weeks old and it's only now that I'm finding it pain free but I think I was quite unlucky I had thrush which took a while to shift. But I'd do it all over a million times breast feeding is the best thing ever like a lot of the other ladies have said its free and once the initial discomfort settles easy. Good luck when it comes xxxxx

the most natural ever thing i have experienced, my little boy is 4 wks tomorrow, he came out suckling god knows how they know to do it but they do, when you first put the baby on bobbie you can feel your tummy contracting and a shrinking feeling, i lost 2 stone in a week by breast feeding.

As for knowing if baby has had enough, they tend to fall asleep on the boobie or just pull off.
Arthur has gained 2lb in a month he never lost weight. The bond you feel with your child is unreal, plus when its night time feeding you just pop them on the boobie and no messing going downstairs to do a bottle. :)

I used to be for formular feeding but defo recommend breast, im now expressing milk and bottle feed arthur in the day and then boobie feed him in the night Happy Days :) i do warn you though, when your milk does come in it can be painful, i know mine was awful, but my milk started to come in on day 3 thick and fast.

xx

Last edited:
I have breast fed Max for nearly 7 months and plan to continue I love it. Like some of the other have said it can be painful to start with (although it was painful for me as Max had a severe tongue tie so couldn't latch properly) but is definitely worth it. I feel a great deal of pride knowing I have fed my son for this long :) xxx

Well st the start it was really difficult. Sores on nipples and all sorts but that's all settled down now thankfully. Best advice is to never give up. I was about to give up many times but it was maibly the support on here that kept me going.
I love to think he is growing because of me :) all them nutrients that he needs.

I also love the fact on how much money we must be saving by not having formula. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back