Your BFP.....

I came off my pill in Aug, i had been on it for about 6 years and never had any bleeding that whole time, so thought it would take a while for my cycle to become normal.
We chose not to ttc until I'd had 2 AF. First AF arrived after 6 weeks, 2nd, bang on 28 days later so we decided to ttc in November and got my BFP in december!
I was in town shopping, while OH was off work at home with man flu. On impulse I bought some cheap tests, but after I bought them I couldnt stop thinking about them in my bag. AF was due in 2 days, but I couldnt wait, even though I didnt think it would have happened that quickly.
So I ended up nipping into the toilets in Debenhams and peeing on the stick. I couldnt believe it when it came back positive. I practically ran to Boots and bought a digital test, then went home and straight to pee on it! It said 2-3 weeks!
I showed it to OH and he was like "what is that?" Lol! Poor sod was in total shock!
It wasnt a particularily romantic moment, him sniffing and spluttering away, but it was one of the happiest days of my life!

I'll do both of my BFP stories:

2008, my hubby had a vasectomy reversal in the february and we were told to start trying straight away. we didn't really really try until july august time, I think. any way i think my period was a day or so late and I had been to Kent with my mum to visit family. The drive home was majorly hard work and I just wanted to sleep. So when we got back hubby wanted to go to Asda so on the way I said how long should I leave it to do a test and he just shrugged. Ended up getting a test and doing it that night but it was a faulty test and i didn't need to wee again so went to bed. On the morning at 6.30 I got up and went for a wee and did the test, we got the line of happiness. My Hubby was still asleep so I went in a woke him up to tell him I was pregnant and he just looked at me smiled and said "Is that what it says?" it was so lovely. DS was born eight months later. :)

We got married in August 2011 and went to Whitby for our honeymoon!! I had a feeling i might be pregnant and on the day we got back I did a test and it was positive, sadly I had a miscarriage 9 days later.

Hubby and I had numerous discussions about having another baby but he was adamant he didn't want anymore (take into account he has 3 from first marriage), i was gutted completely. Anyway we had a naughty bumpy bumpy session and I knew from that moment that i was pregnant. No idea how I knew but I did. i didn't say anything to my hubby as i knew I had to break the news to him gently. anyway AF was late and I did a test and kept dropping hints that I might be. He basically blocked it all out and until the scan was booked he chose not to believe it. Thankfully all went well and now our little dude is here. No more now though, we're done. :lol::lol:

We just started trying really. First month nothing and then I joined PF and read up on everything to do with ov and implantation etc. I got really upset because I'd secretly bought some ov tests (OH was very anti that and stressing about dates etc) and on the day I was ov we had to go to meet his family and then in the evening he was out so we couldn't Dtd. However we had Dtd a couple of days before but I was convinced it wasn't close enough. 6 days later I got sharp pains in lower hip area and having read on here I thought it could be implantation. Every day I tested and all neg until the day before af was due and I got the faintest of positives. Was so excited but like Navy got the miscarriage risk lecture from my gp, the letter from the mw even talked about it. I think OH was in shock for weeks that Dtd actually made babies lol!

Compared to the struggles some of you have had we have been very lucky as have got pregnant the first month of trying with both of our girls.

We went at it hammer and tongs during my fertile time, bonking twice a day :eek:

It was still a shock (and panic) when I got the bfp. I did the tests at home, told my husband and both times he was the same as.me. panicked!

tapatalking

We decided to get married on out 10 year anniversary in 2011 and as I was getting on abit thought we should start ttc'ing in the January as it may take a while, joined pf to get clued up etc

10 days later after booking the date at the registry office did a test at 9pm as hubby was hassling me from the pub to take on and lo and behold a BFP!
Text hubby & phones my best mate who in her own words later that night 'did the naked dance' in her bedroom as she was still so excited :D

Mummy to Gracie 26/10/11

I was trying for 6 months but actually fell pregnant in month 5 but didn't know as I had a full on period! Then when my period was due on month 6 I started feeling really hungry but also sick at the same time, I had just started a new job so thought it was just nerves.

Then on day 3 in my new job I was in the train on way home and was nearly sick, still didn't click that I could be pregnant as I was only about a day late on my period, well that's what I thought but was in fact approx 6 weeks pregnant! Didn't know you could have a period and still be pregnant!

So I got home but OH was at his mums so I done 3 tests (a cheap one AND AFR) and the line came up before even the control line! What makes sense now as was 6 weeks pregnant. So I called OH but he was on a driving lesson so called my best mate and told her to get round to mine NOW! When she got here we went and got a digi what came up as 3+ what I was a bit confused about as I thought I was on aprox 1-2 days late. So then I puked! Lol and then we drove round to my OH mums to tell my OH (I took tests with me) he wasn't that surprised as he kinda thought I was pregnant as I had felt sick and hungry but couldn't eat for approx 4 days.

So now I know that just coz u have a period there is still a chance you could be pregnant :-/

X

We "tried"for the fist time in the Maldives on honeymoon in Nov 2011. By christmas I still hadnt had a period, I was 9 days late which was very abnormal for me. I spoke to the doctor and there was a day on honeymoon that I was very unwell, and the Dr said it was very possible that i had had a chemical MC. He did say I would be more fertile next month.....

January 8th I was ovulating again, we used SMEP, soft cups, ovulation strips, preseed, I was temping and charting CM, I had been taking pregnancy vits and evening primrose oil too. Shagging in the afternoon too which I think helps! And we conceived!

got my BFP on the 19th January 2012. And had to go to work for a backshift. !

26 pregnancy tests later, I started believing it............

I came off the pill in August 2010 and we decided to NTNP for a while as we knew that it might take a while for my body to get back to normal. My periods were very irregular for the next year, only happened every couple of months. Did a couple of tests over that time although I never felt pregnant so I wasn't hugely surprised when they were all negative. Was very stressed out at work during that time which I think really didn't help.

Anyway got a new job in July 2011 and became a lot less stressed and guess what... in August 2011 my periods started to become more regular so when we DTD at the start of November I knew that it was roughly when I was likely to be fertile. Had a couple of days over the next few weeks where I just didn't feel 'right' but couldn't put my thumb on what was wrong. Got incredibly emotional but put it down to the fact that my friend died in mid-November (brain tumour, he was only 28, it was a pretty emotional time :( ).

Anyway, Friday 18 November I felt really unwell while we were cooking dinner - wasn't sick or anything, but just could not stand the smell of our dinner and had to leave the kitchen! OH said did I maybe think that I ought to do a test. So, I got up REALLY early the next morning to do a test and was amazed to see it say that I was pregnant - couldn't quite believe it after so many negative tests. Went back into the bedroom and woke OH to show him - he said 'that's lovely' and gave me a hug and then rolled over and went back to sleep :roll: It was ridiculously early but still :lol:

The next day I had to go to a Bob Dylan concert with my parents and NOT say anything to them, it was so, so hard! We told them a couple of weeks later though as I didn't think I could manage to stay with them over Christmas and not say anything!

In July last year (well, 2011) I decided that I wasn't getting any younger (32 at the time) and that if we were going to have a baby, we'd better get a move on! So I took my last pill on 14th July. I got a load of OPK's and tested that month, and luckily I started ovulating straight away.

In early December I felt like POAS, and did a HPK (internet cheapie) when I came home from work 2 days before AF was due. There was a barely-there-could-be-imagining-it line. So a bit later, before bed I did an OPK and the line was better. I still didn't tell OH, because I just didn't trust them. So next morning with my FMU, I tried again - and there it was a better, nice pink line. I showed OH who could see it too. We still didn't trust it. So I bought a CB digi on the way to work to try the next morning (Saturday). Lol I did of course do another HPT when I got home and the line was there.

First thing on Saturday morning, I did my Clear Blue digi - and yay! Got a "Pregnant 1-2". We trusted it then!!!

We were going to wait to tell anyone (including parents) until our 12 week scan. But we gave in and OH told his parents about 2 weeks later (they live in Cornwall) and we told mine on Christmas Day by peeing on another CB Digi and wrapping it up lol.

Ah I love reading these :)

We started TTC in December 2009. Because of my age after 8 months and no BFP I went to my gp and she referred me to the fertility clinic. I got the lecture on losing some weight, but they agreed to give me 6 months of clomid after a load of tests which I took for 3 months, had a months break and then took the rest. At the end of the clomid there was still no sign of a BFP and I got really disheartened. I'd not managed to lose as much weight as I'd hoped either.

I booked back in to see the fertility consultant, now at 2 years of TTC. Was told I had 6 weeks to lose 1 1/2 stone before they could treat me with IVF as that was now my next step. (6 weeks because of NHS guidelines on IVF treatment). Was gutted because in a year I'd not lost that much weight.

Started a job at the same time I saw the consultant and thought my chronic fatigue and the job were what were making me soooo tired. I was a Christmas elf and at one point really wanted to jump on Father Christmas's lap and ask for a BFP. Little did I know that when I saw my fertility consultant I was already preggers! I made my OH buy me a test when AF still hadn't shown up on CD32 (my longest cycle length). After i tested i was shaking and shouted to OH to come and see. Took me so long to believe it, even with an early scan.

Tested on the 15th December and waited til Christmas Day to tell my family. We wrapped my belly up and made my parents unwrap it lol. Had to wait til NYE to tell OHs family as they don't live close.

Awww i love these stories!:)

OH and I started trying for our first baby after our 1 year anniversary (March 2011), during our journey we suffered 2 losses, and after the second loss it knocked me back and i was adamant i wasn't trying again!..It caused so many arguments but i just wasn't myself.

I was due to start back to college in September 2011, so i thought it'd be good to take my mind off it!, but then towards the end of September i started to feel really odd in myself, couldn't put my finger on it and i was a week and 1 day late for my period..I didn't think anything of it as id been nearly 2 weeks late before and it turned out to be a false alarm so i carried on as normal, eventually i told OH i was late and he pestered me to test..Eventually i was persuaded and bought 2 FR's, i also had a digital flying around the house but thought less about using it!..

The day i tested OH had gone out with his mother to the train station to meet his sister as she was travelling down from Manchester to stay with us for a few days, i did my test and set it down on the bath..I looked back at it and almost fell off the toilet..Two very bright pink lines within seconds!!:shock:..I was expecting a negative, i felt sick for a few seconds before it hit me!..I was pregnant!..I thought my test was a dod so i grabbed the other one and repeated the test...Same thing would happen..The test line would appear before the control line..Surely these tests weren't lying!

I text OH and told him I did a test and it was positive..The reply was 'Seriously?'..He thought i was messing with him so i saved both tests and saved them for when he got home..His face was a picture..He was speechless!:lol:

The next day i took my Digi and got Pregnant 3+ within seconds, it feels great to have those words staring back at you!..From that i worked out id be around 5 weeks (the doctor at my first appointment put me at 8 weeks from LMP)

Ive attached my pregnancy tests as i love showing people the pictures 'coz im weird ;)..

Attachments

• IMG00482-20110927-1037.jpg
    IMG00482-20110927-1037.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG00493-20110928-0859.jpg
    IMG00493-20110928-0859.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics