I was a teenage mum

dsired

Reaction score
Hi i just thought that i would share with you what it was like for me being a teenage mum..

I found out i was pregnant with my daughter when i was just 15yrs old, I never planned to get pregnant, I was on the pill and had not had a period for 4 months. My doctor told me that the moving in my stomach was stomach spasms, (he was old and could not see how i could be pregnant) Anyway, Telling my mum was horrible, i cried as i wrote her a letter explaining that i was pregnant, how when why etc. I gave her the letter and as she read it she smiled as I cried.. She was happy!

My mum is an english teacher with strong morals and a religious background, I had always been mature for my age, and my mum believed I could cope.

I had a fantastic pregnancy, My mum told her family that if they have an issue or any negative comments then never to contact us again, She gave me all the support i could imagine and it is that support that has made me a successful mum..

After I had Alecia i went to college and studied I.T 2 days a week, My sister would look after my daughter while i was at college. Before i had alecia i worked at a card shop.. my life was going nowhere..

Alecia changed all of that, I had a reason to make something of my life, I did not want to be a scum bag scrounging mum who smokes fags for a living, I was not going to be the Excuse the phrase "stereo typical teenage mum"

I set up a baby group for young parents where i arranged fun days out, as well as information on further education, benefits etc etc, Some of the young parents who came to the group were fantastic, really made an effort with there child others just diddnt really care.. they saw the word free and lapped it up!!

Now at 23 i have 2 children, My own house, a gorgeous partner who to me is perfect, and I have just opened my own office where I do web design..

Now if i was told at 16 that i had ruined my life having a baby, repeatedly told that my life is over, then would i be where i am now? Young mums need support!

There are definatly 2 types of young mums, but there are also two types of any mum.. the ones that want to provide for the children and have a nice happy life, protect and care for there children and love them for ever, and then there are the ones that have a child so they can feel loved, so they can have money for doing nothing, so they can have someone that will always be there for them, an "accessory"
You dont have to be young to be a bad mother, any one can have a child.. Anyone!!!

Its being a good mother that counts..

So if you are a "young" girl planning on having a baby.. Why do you ant that baby?? If its to make you feel loved, etc etc then dont because its bloody hard work being a mum, you feel more lonley being a single mum then you do being a single person.. Its hard work you have to be strong..

But on the other hand if its because you know you can cope, live, fend for your baby no matter what, and always put that child first.. Then go fo it!!

I am not saying i approve or disaprove of teenage mums.. Everyone is ready to have a baby at different times.. I was a more devoted mum to my daughter that i am to my 3 yr old because i had the time!! and i was 16!

There are some young girls who are wise beyond there years.. Do not tarnish them all with the same brush..

This message was meant in no way to offend, only to share my opinion.. I appreciate that many people will have a different opinion to mine, and i want to make it clear that this is my opinion.. It is not RIGHT nor is it WRONG... xxx
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back