You really do find out who your friends are...

Wow what a bitch! Sorry to be so direct but that is really uncalled for. Sounds like she is jealous to me!

I know the feeling though, my "best friend" has practically abandoned me too since finding out I was pregnant. Massive hugs hun, sorry she did that too you!

What a crazy freak! Fancy expecting you to wait to try until after her wedding! She's not your friend x

What the heck is wrong with a pregnant bridesmaid anyway???

What the heck is wrong with a pregnant bridesmaid anyway???

NOTHING at all! they glow, they fill the dress lovely and i think theyre actually lovely to see.

but i remember a family friend refusing to have her TWIN as a bridesmaid when she was 8 months pregnant because she said everyone would be so busy thinking "ooh a pregnant bridesmaid i wonder when shes due, i wonder if its a girl or a boy" etc that they wouldnt take notice of her and it would steal her thunder.

her sister was quite upset because they were really close.

bridezillas come out for weddings.

my cousin threw a hissy fit when her sister announced she was was pregnant because they had already bought the dresses, but once she realised the style of dress was easily adjusted (her sister was about 5.5-6mths at the time so wasnt huge) she calmed down

in this scenario i think its more that she wants it all to be "me me me"

see i WANTED people to look at my bridesmaids and see how great they looked, but some others are just petty. just watch bridezillas for proof!

Last edited:
What a bitch!! I can't believe she's gone off like that - I can remember you original post, but never thought it would end like this! It is true though you do find out who your real friends are during pregnancy, luckily for me my 3 best friends have been brill :) some other though who I thought I was close to have hardly been in contact, but sod them I don't need them!

That is horrible! I had what I thought was a really good friend a few years ago who messed me over big time. Eventually I realised she was just a nut case, but for a long time I felt it was all my fault! So try not to blame yourself. You are most deffo better off without her. She cant tell people when to not have a baby! Thats the behaviour of someone totally self obsessed. She obviously thinks you'll steal the limelight from her, and cant deal with the thought!
Yes being pregnant really does sort the good from the bad, friend wise. But as other ladies have said (and what is keeping me feeling positive) is that you meet new people who become really really good friends. Just make sure you join some interesting pregnancy groups, such as yoga, hypnobirthing, or whatever might be in your areas for expectant mums, and you'll soon meet people! xx

Yes Hun exactly onwards and upwards that's what I think even tho it's sad and I can't get my head around how someone I used to be So close to doesnt really want to be involved Im never happier and can't wait to meet my little one and think its her loss as she's going to miss out on some such exciting times xxxxx

Doh!! I've quoted the wrong bit ha ha thought I was being adventurous lol that's a reply for you mrs ts xxx

I was sacked as bridesmaid from my brothers wedding for being pregnant lol. But we were both adults about it and had a proper discussion. This girl just sounds absolutely horrible. Not the kind of friend u need at all x

My hubby (without me knowing at the time) has messaged her hub to be but he hasn't replied, just a nice 'mate, what's this all about do you know?' message. I think that's the end of the effort now though, it's hardly like there's anything to make right so what's the point, you can hardly go forward after all this!

We're booking a holiday when the wedding is (it was the day after my birthday anyway) at Easter so got something nice to look forward to. Actually feels quite refreshing now as she hasn't been the easiest of friends.. it's nice knowing I won't be the sounding off board for the next person who crosses her!

Thank you for all your honest (and hillarious!) comments guys, you've cheered me up! x

I was sacked as bridesmaid from my brothers wedding for being pregnant lol. But we were both adults about it and had a proper discussion. This girl just sounds absolutely horrible. Not the kind of friend u need at all x

Yeah I remember you saying in my original post and like you I just thought harsh but fair enough, then this! She obviously decided straight away though that she didn't want me there at all. So much for sticking my bump in all the pics!! You'll have to do it for us lol xx

Doh!! I've quoted the wrong bit ha ha thought I was being adventurous lol that's a reply for you mrs ts xxx

It all gets a bit technical for me too!! Yep, deff their loss. I'm sure it'll seem like a drop in the ocean once our lo's are here and life changes lol! xx

I had a friend that got pregnant after I asked her to be my bridesmaid- she actually had her baby before we got married. I couldn't have been more happy for her- it was abit of an issue with the dress as her size fluctuated so much but we got through it. She said she'd basically starve herself when it didn't fit but we got panels put in to the side so she could still eat!

I can't believe she would treat you like that. As others have said who needs enemies!

OMG just read your post I am disgusted by her behaviour, it's appalling. I can only echo what others have said. You'll have a far better time on your hols than her wedding. I feel very sorry for her hubby to be, she sounds like a nightmare.

What an awful person she is! Think there's a massive bridezilla there!
I mean, yeah, organising a wedding is a stressful time, but at the same time, she can't expect anyone to put their life on hold for her wedding. Totally unreasonable and you'll no doubt be happier without ppl like that in your life.
I just hope she realises at some point (probably after the wedding when the stress has gone) how ridiculous she has been and eats humble pie xx

Not read all the replies yet but omg Im speechless what a horrible woman! Try not too be upset and hurt over such an insensitive shallow woman, you def don't need her in your life. One day she will live to regret the choices she made, good friends are hard to come by. X

o dear I feel for you! I was my friends maid of honor, then I got pregnant and now it casually got mentioned that im a bridesmaid, ill be 8 months gone when the wedding comes and got a text the other day saying my dress has been ordered in a size 20 (im a size 12) I said I don't think ill need a dress that big then left it! only to find out today its been ordered in a size 18! so now slightly worried! but my husband said its her problem not mine its not my wedding day!
I wonder why your friend is being like that! could it be jealousy? or does she just want a 'perfect' wedding with 'perfect pictures' ie no bumps.
I know when I go to my friends wedding im going to waddle down that isle proud in my size 18 dress!

I had what I thought was a really close friend - knew each other since play school and went through infants and juniors together and still kept in touch and went out together regularly through secondary school and college - I then went into animal care, which she was ok ish with, but didn't really get as she was going into law, lol. Then I met my hubby 2nd year into the course and started going out with him, but still tried to keep regular contact with her - but she stopped answering or returning my calls, and if I went to her house she made excuses why I couldn't come in or couldn't stop etc.......I got so fed up of that, I stopped trying and we barely made contact - I haven't a clue now what she's up to etc.

So crazy that what youthink is a friendship can end so easily!

Yeh you find out who your friends are, I mean if it where my wedding I would be happy for the bridesmaid, but if id bought the dress already id ask if they could help pay for a different dress or alterations because we did ours on a budget. I let my bridesmaid's pick the dress and the colour and fit my theme around that, I wasn't bothered what colour they picked in the end it was a lovely pink. So I think im the opposite to a bridezilla in that way lol xx

o dear I feel for you! I was my friends maid of honor, then I got pregnant and now it casually got mentioned that im a bridesmaid, ill be 8 months gone when the wedding comes and got a text the other day saying my dress has been ordered in a size 20 (im a size 12) I said I don't think ill need a dress that big then left it! only to find out today its been ordered in a size 18! so now slightly worried! but my husband said its her problem not mine its not my wedding day!
I wonder why your friend is being like that! could it be jealousy? or does she just want a 'perfect' wedding with 'perfect pictures' ie no bumps.
I know when I go to my friends wedding im going to waddle down that isle proud in my size 18 dress!

Haha you go for it in your size 18 dress!! It'll be funny if it needs taking in as 18 seems a little excessive if you're a 12! I'm sure you'll look lovely :eek:)

Yeah redbear I offered to sort alterations and then to pay for the dress after I'd been sacked (so to speak!) I got married last year so know how expensive wedding's can be, although she's been given loads of help so is hardly scrimping!

Feel loads better about it now, how can you not be happy when you're having a little bambino :eek:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back