Travel cot? What do you think? Are you getting one?

flaxen

Reaction score
I was just wondering what peoples views are on travel cots?

We dont really go away much but Im sure that family will want to have her when she is older so we can have a night off and my mum has offered to have her the night before our wedding in may (she will be 4 mths old) so that I can concentrate on getting myself and my bridesmaid ready without having to worry about baby too although she does have her own dress to wear that will be in the wedding colours.

My friend has also invited us down to spend a couple of days with her, she lives right on the outskirts of london at the bottom of the A1 so we can go sight seeing in london so we would drive down in the car.

I also thought it might come in handy as a makeshift play pen when she is crawling/ toddling about and as somewhere i can put her for a short period of time if the house door was open for a reason so she wouldnt wonder out.

The reason Im asking is that the winnie the pooh travel cot is half price in the sale and i love winnie the pooh.:whistle:
We have got one already from a car boot sale but its got water marks / stains on it that I havent been able to get out but my fiance says its adequate.

I dont know what to do, I always get money off my nan for xmas and my birthday and I will be in hospital for my birthday next week after having had a c section.

We're going to get one - even more reason if its half price i'd say.
Worth having as my parents live 40 mins away so will be likely to stay over with them at some point with pip.

And i guess if you don't use it you can sell it!!

Treat yourself...its christmas xx

I'm using one with a bassinet attachment instead of a Moses basket or crib. I did buy an uprated mattress too though. They seem to be good for up to 2 year olds so always handy to have for if u go away.

We have one and have used it for two trips to France and also it has been up at my mums house and is handy when we need her to have a nap and are there. Definitely worth having. Personally I don't plan on using it as a playpen as I would worry that she wouldn't settle down to sleep in it if I confuse it's purposes x

I have one handy when I stayed at my muns when it was my bros 18th and when we went to my mums caravan for a week for him to sleep in! We got given ours and was perfect condition! Didn't think of buying one but is good as a playpen to chuck toys in or put baby in while going to the loo/ upstairs before he could walk!

I think we will be getting one incase baba ever stays around my parents or with the in-laws, also the in-laws live about 1 and a half hours away so we somethimes stay with them.

If it's half price then go for it!! x

Were buying a pop up one from Amazon it's about £40 odd as we are camping a lot, it means it won;t take up much room and it's easy and quick to assemble :)

We bought one a while ago for Ava's naps in the day so I didn't have to carry her upstairs which worked out well, its now at my parents for when they have Ava for the odd day/ night. :)

I think to begin with we'll just have a spare Moses basket at my parents but think we'll end up keeping a travel cot there for nights we stay over or just days when we're visiting

we'll be getting one for when the baby stays with family, and if we go on holiday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back